Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Last thing you fixed yourself?

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2017 at 11:04 AM
  • 10 Replies

This group has been soooooo slow lately.

What was the last thing you fixed yourself?  Have/had you ever done it before?

by on Sep. 17, 2017 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chicken13
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2017 at 11:05 AM

I'm currently patching holes in sheetrock.  Dh pulled a bunch of boxes and now I have 4 holes on 4 different colored walls....so yeah, painting will be next.

I'm really good at patching.  SLOW.  But really good.

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 10:28 AM

I've patched my walls, hung ceiling fans, painted, helped repair lawn mowers, siding on our house, trimmed the inside, chalked the bathtub, etc. I give all the thanks to my Vo Ag teacher who taught us a variety of skills 20+ years ago that I still use today!

mrsniebo
by Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 10:44 AM
Most recently, I fixed the length of my DD's dress for my sister's upcoming wedding. I still have to hem my dress.

As far as house projects go, I demolished kitchen walls to give us a more open floor plan, installed most of the flooring in our kitchen, dining room, and living room, measured for kitchen counters and backsplash tile, grouted the tile, painted kitchen and bathroom cabinets, and have done quite a bit of painting in the house. DH and I have been busy with our fixer upper this year.
chicken13
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 12:01 PM

I love being able to do minor alterations too.

I just "took in" a pair of dh's jeans last week.

Quoting mrsniebo: Most recently, I fixed the length of my DD's dress for my sister's upcoming wedding. I still have to hem my dress. As far as house projects go, I demolished kitchen walls to give us a more open floor plan, installed most of the flooring in our kitchen, dining room, and living room, measured for kitchen counters and backsplash tile, grouted the tile, painted kitchen and bathroom cabinets, and have done quite a bit of painting in the house. DH and I have been busy with our fixer upper this year.

Alieda
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Ladies that last thing I fix for myself was my bed , I made it up this morning

MikeysMom22
by Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:11 PM

some folks in the south say they are fixin' dinner.

I am not from the south, well southern ca,  but "fixin's ravioli and cheese bread for dinner lol

chicken13
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 12:05 PM

Starting 2 projects this week....refinishing a chrome toilet handle to rubbed oil bronze and turning carpet scraps into bound area rugs.  So far I'm in it for less than $65...most of which was the cost of the rug binding.

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Sep. 26, 2017 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this
My tractor's bush hog and the wood splitter.
BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Sep. 30, 2017 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this
My favorite work pants.
MysticLove
by Member on Sep. 30, 2017 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this

A chair, never have but I am slightly handy so I can usually figure it out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)