Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know I'm crazy

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2017 at 9:31 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

but I'm looking forward to the Black Friday Sales. I'm running out of laundry detergent! Last year I got 8 containers of ERA at Rural King and  I only paid $3 or $4 each for the great big jugs. I'm down to my last container and need to stock up! For me Black Friday isn't just about buying for family and friends but it's also time to stock up on some needed items. I buy my fleece at Joann Fabric for the year as well as other things I need for crafts and sewing projects.

Family is also in need of new underwear, socks, etc. I hate giving them as gifts but I sure don't mind buying them are great prices. I'll even buy the ankle socks for the kids and store them until summer.

I guess I go into it with the mindset that if I get something great and if not it's no big deal. Let someone else fight over the newest piece of plastic junk for their kid. Me, I'll take a 12 pack of socks for $3!

by on Nov. 21, 2017 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 21, 2017 at 9:37 AM

What will you do with the fleece?  I'm looking for ideas since I had a lot of minky fleece given to me last year and I can make up some quick projects, I just have no idea of what projects  LOL

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

The fleece I make blankets. When someone dies I give them a blanket instead of flowers that die. I've had several people tell me how they enjoy just cuddling up with them when they start to feel down. I also do baby & toddler blankets. If a mom already has one child & has another baby I'll give the toddler a blanket as well as the new born so they have something that's theirs. Out of the edging that is cut off I braid doggie toys that I give to our animal shelter.

Have you tried googling craft projects for minky fleece? I found an adorable bear that I want to make but just haven't had time. Hope to this winter when it's cold outside.

Try www.craftsy.com

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 21, 2017 at 9:57 AM

oh hey!!!  Baby blankets!  I have two grandbabies due next spring, great idea!

Quoting baconbits:

The fleece I make blankets. When someone dies I give them a blanket instead of flowers that die. I've had several people tell me how they enjoy just cuddling up with them when they start to feel down. I also do baby & toddler blankets. If a mom already has one child & has another baby I'll give the toddler a blanket as well as the new born so they have something that's theirs. Out of the edging that is cut off I braid doggie toys that I give to our animal shelter.

Have you tried googling craft projects for minky fleece? I found an adorable bear that I want to make but just haven't had time. Hope to this winter when it's cold outside.

Try www.craftsy.com

wingmom
by Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 1:14 PM

You know where to get the deals and you make good use of them thats pretty smart not crazy in my opinion. Dh always liked to go out and beat the crowds when he was younger but now with his old bones hurting him he doesnt really do it anymore. Im dying to ask...what is rural king? never heard of it but love the sound of it.

wingmom
by Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 1:15 PM

also I think the idea of giving the toddler a blanket as well as the newborn is just awesome.

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 3:40 PM

Rural King is a farming store that also happens to have great deals on other home items. I can buy a 36 bottle case of spring water for $1.79. 10 lb bag of sugar $4.29, etc. It just recently came into our town and it's fantastic! Not only can I buy my chicken feed there at a decent price but pick up my water at the same time for less then the local grocery store costs.

Quoting wingmom:

You know where to get the deals and you make good use of them thats pretty smart not crazy in my opinion. Dh always liked to go out and beat the crowds when he was younger but now with his old bones hurting him he doesnt really do it anymore. Im dying to ask...what is rural king? never heard of it but love the sound of it.

chicken13
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 9:58 AM

You're definately not crazy!!!!!

I hate the crowds and prefer Cyber Monday.

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2017 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Woohoo! I scored! Able to buy 12 gallons of bleach! Sounds like alot but my dh is planning on using it to power wash the house and shock our well. At .59 instead of $1.59 I like that savings. Also got 4 large packages of Ever ready batteries for $4.49 each and that's 1/2 off!

janell27
by Member on Nov. 28, 2017 at 11:43 PM

I love to get good deals...hate to spend money when I dont have to

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)