Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Use Coupons?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:09 AM
  • 16 Replies

Where do you find your best deals and coupons?Any special websites?

I so admire women who are good with coupons.Im lucky if I can save a dollar lol.

by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I use coupons for Kohls and some other stores. I receive in emails or on the store app.
For groceries/other home items I usually buy store brand items.
Alieda
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 5:23 PM

I try to use a coupon when ever we go out to eat , and try to remember to take them when me if I am going food shopping.  

chicken13
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Love coupons for things that I already buy/use.  But I won't buy something just cause I have a coupon...KWIM?

Most of the food I buy isn't really couponable...fruit/veggie, meat and cheese.  So grocery coupons are mostly for cleaning products (I don't buy paper products except toilet paper).

aj_mom
by Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 2:51 PM

I download some of mine to my Kroger loyalty card and every Friday they send you a Friday Freebie.

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 4:10 PM

I don't usually use coupons. The majority of what I buy in store brand which is often cheaper then name with a coupon. There's also the time factor of clipping, comparing, etc. and that's something that is very valuable to me. Time.

janell27
by Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 11:12 PM

I use coupons all the time.  I get digital from my store loaded on my card and paper ones from my computer websites and the newspapers.

MikeysMom22
by Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

You  actually find coupons for the brands and items that you use, or do you buy something because you have a coupon? Sometimes I find using a coupon  on a brand item is actually more expensive instead of sticking with a generic or store brand of the same thing. I don't pay extra because dish detergent says Palmolive or Dawn on it. The cheap stuff cleans my dishes too. Now, some dishwasher detergents are horrible, I have bought really cheap dishwasher stuff at the 99 cent store and it overflowed and suds were coming out of the dishwasher, so I don't go that cheap. I have tried their pods and those were ok. 

I usually go to Aldi now for most items. 

Quoting janell27:

I use coupons all the time.  I get digital from my store loaded on my card and paper ones from my computer websites and the newspapers.

funmommy123
by Member on Jan. 26, 2018 at 7:03 PM
Yes. I love coupons.i was couponing for 2 years, then i took a break. It's been over a year now & I have to start back up, because my supplies are low
smokeyjo
by Jozie on Jan. 28, 2018 at 4:33 AM
I mainly only use coupons at Kroger. Kroger has digital coupons you can load on to your loyalty card and the paper coupons they send are for products I regularly buy which is helpful and creepy since it means they track your shopping. A new feature I discovered at kroger.com is that you can now look up all your receipts as long as you have used your Kroger card.

Occasionally I’ll see coupons for things at Home Depot that we use such as laundry soap or fabric softener or cleaning supplies so I’ll cut and use those when they go on sale since they have larger sizes than Kroger has and sometimes better prices with the coupon and sale than Walmart. Harbor Freight always has decent sales/coupons as well but I don’t shop there very often, only when in need of something particular.
wingmom
by Member on Jan. 29, 2018 at 5:41 PM

I do as much as possible. I probably save about 30-50 a month using coupons. I get the Sunday paper, cut coupons out of the weekly grocery flyer, and always keep my eyes for them anywhere I can get them. Some come in the mail, like for the hardware store. I dont do websites at all but many do. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)