Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Makes You A Frugalista?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:11 AM
  • 7 Replies

How do you save money and cut corners?What makes you a proud frugalista?:)

by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
virginiamama71
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 9:30 AM
I buy what I need.
baconbits
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 9:44 AM

I'm not to proud to buy used or accept someone else's stuff that they're willing to pass on to me free. Generics in most cases are just fine with me.  Thrift stores are my friend with 3 growing children. I love auctions for new to me items that I need. Currently looking at attending one Saturday that has several dressers up for sale and I need one for the grandkids that are coming to live with us. DH can repair anything so it doesn't even have to be in great shape. Just repairable. I always have extra paint to cover it if need be.

chicken13
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 4:38 PM

I've got some pretty lofts goals for myself and my family.

There's no room for wasteful spending (or thinking), so I keep it all in check and get the most for every dollar I have to spend!

wingmom
by Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

we buy most things second hand, even clothes and cars. we live well below our means and are sure to save and invest. We discuss purchases over 50 bucks and use coupons when possible. 

ysolde
by Member on Jan. 29, 2018 at 3:48 PM

I know the difference between need and want.  I prefer to shop my closet than to shop the stores.  We spent years taking staycations when money was tight -- and had a blast exploring the city, taking day trips, or just staying home and enjoying on another's company.  Now that we travel as part of our budget, we enjoy the process, rather than complain about it.  To this day, going out to dinner is a major event for DH and me, and we giggle like teenagers on a blind date when we do it.

Because being frugal is a way of life, we take nothing for granted, and feel blessed for every little thing.

TLC4theworld
by Member on Jan. 30, 2018 at 11:11 AM

I joined this group more for advice, and learning to be frugal.  I went through a divorce last year. My ex-likes to keep my youngest clothes when she goes to her dads house.  We don't have much in the way of second hand stores here.  But we just got a Meijer in last year.  Something they resently started doing is taking an additional 50% off clearance clothes. Both of my younger girls needed pants.  I bought pants that ranged from 1.00 to 4.50 a pair.  I can't even get jeans at goodwill for that price.  

jad1027
by Member on Jan. 30, 2018 at 9:03 PM

I'm with TCL4theworld......came here more to get advice and ideas.  We recently bought our first home, so our savings went for the down payment....I'm good with buying what we need, shopping on sale and conserving with lights , heat etc.....There is always room for improvements....Any advice is welcomed....

Quoting TLC4theworld:

I joined this group more for advice, and learning to be frugal.  I went through a divorce last year. My ex-likes to keep my youngest clothes when she goes to her dads house.  We don't have much in the way of second hand stores here.  But we just got a Meijer in last year.  Something they resently started doing is taking an additional 50% off clearance clothes. Both of my younger girls needed pants.  I bought pants that ranged from 1.00 to 4.50 a pair.  I can't even get jeans at goodwill for that price.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)