Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best 4wd vehicle for snow? Any suggestions welcome

Posted by   + Show Post

We will be moving to a country road this spring that literally is only paved on one end. I will need to sell my beloved wagon (yes i Loooove my wagon) for a 4wd. I am considering a subaru or a jeep cherokee, but whatever we buy will be used we dont buy new. Anyone have one they recommend for snowy country roads? Thanks in advance!

by on Jan. 31, 2018 at 6:18 PM
Replies (11-13):
Sopaw
by New Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 1:57 PM
Whichever vehicle you choose, the most important thing is awesome snow tires. They make all the difference. It might seem like a pain to get them taken off and replaced with a set of all weather tires after winter is done but it's so worth it.
smokeyjo
by Jozie on Feb. 25, 2018 at 6:42 AM

But I also have a Honda Pilot, 2WD, a Lincoln Mark VIII and my daughter has a MINI which is FABULOUS in the snow and a Ford F-250 4WD so we get around but the best vehicles were and are the the GMC Blazer which was push button 4WD and Coco's MINI.

Quoting smokeyjo: I live in a rural area and have a Jeep Grand Cherokee, 4WD, that does really well in snow. In the past I had a 4WD GMC Blazer that was fabulous in the snow, even better than my Jeep. Both my parents and brother have Subarus and they do really well in the snow.

faeryfrog
by Member on Feb. 25, 2018 at 7:30 AM
We have a Toyota 4runner. Its a beast in the snow. Our little grand caravan does good too with snow tires
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)