Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you reuse?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2018 at 10:11 AM
  • 20 Replies
Do you reuse jars? Plastic containers?

(This board has been so slow that I thought I’d try to perk it up)
by on Feb. 8, 2018 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I used to keep them for future use but never used any. I kept some. the rest go to the recycle center.
mrsniebo
by Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 10:23 AM
2 moms liked this
Most of our things end up being recycled, but this time of year I save some milk jugs to reuse in my garden. Cutting the bottom off makes them into pretty decent little greenhouses for seedlings.
chicken13
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I like little jelly jars to pack dressings or sauce in lunches/dinners.

And the cream cheese I get comes in the perfect size plastic container for leftovers.

manna080
by on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:08 AM

No my friends parents always did and even after washing them it grossed me out to think of other food in an already used container.

chicken13
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

ooooookkkkkkkk.

cause we don't reuse plates and utensils?

Quoting manna080:

No my friends parents always did and even after washing them it grossed me out to think of other food in an already used container.

diaperstodating
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 12:18 PM
Maybe she uses plastic utensils and paper plates.

Quoting chicken13:

ooooookkkkkkkk.

Quoting manna080:

manna080
by on Feb. 8, 2018 at 12:19 PM

It's different the containers always still smelled after washing them and then they stored food in them and it was just gross to me.  I'm referring to containers that food has already came in not Tupperware type containers.

Quoting chicken13:

ooooookkkkkkkk.

Quoting manna080:

MonarchMom22
by Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

We resuse everything possible.  Plastic containers are used to freeze leftovers, soups, sauces, etc.  I rinse and dry out any zip-lock bags and resuse them for craft item storage. I save the plastic drink cups from the coffee shop and use them during warm weather for homemade ice tea and coffee. Small plastic containers can be used to start seeds and cuttings. 

chicken13
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a whole system to reuse ziplocks. Lol

Human consumption. Canine consumption. Non food use.

Quoting MonarchMom22:

We resuse everything possible.  Plastic containers are used to freeze leftovers, soups, sauces, etc.  I rinse and dry out any zip-lock bags and resuse them for craft item storage. I save the plastic drink cups from the coffee shop and use them during warm weather for homemade ice tea and coffee. Small plastic containers can be used to start seeds and cuttings. 

MonarchMom22
by Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 12:30 PM

yes, the reuse hirearchy!  It makes me crazy to see people go to the store and buy empty plastic containers and then throw away all the plastic containers from food packaging.  What a waste! And don't get me started on all the take-out containers tossed in offices, schools and public meetings.  I don't think most people have any idea of how much garbage they generate every day.  

Quoting chicken13: I have a whole system to reuse ziplocks. Lol Human consumption. Canine consumption. Non food use.
Quoting MonarchMom22:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)