Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone from KY or TN?

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2018 at 8:22 AM
  • 2 Replies

We just sold our farm in VT and are looking to move to KY or TN. We have been on the Dave Ramsey plan for a while and are finally debt free. We are looking for lower cost of living and more inline with our values. KY and TN seem to be a good fit on paper. Anyone tell me which one would fit us more or if you like one over the other? We homeschool and my boyfriend is an electrician so would need to find work there. We will be looking for a farm and would like to live in a place that is safe, family oriented and is more conservative then liberal. Any help would be greatlly appreciated! Which state is cheaper to live and welcome a northern family like us? Thank you ! 

by on Mar. 18, 2018 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
baconbits
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 3:40 PM

I used to go to college in a small town called Grayson KY. It has a Christian university there so I'm sure it's grown some since then but I like it.There was plenty of farm land around when I was there. Not sure what the jobs are like.

karen2112
by Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:09 PM

Maybe you should check out the homeschool co-ops. Also what are you planning to do with the farm?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)