Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tech Cafe Tech Cafe

Cameras

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2010 at 4:03 PM
  • 23 Replies

I noticed in my other post that a few mamas are on the other side of the camera... 

So my question is.. 

What camera do you use? How do you like it? Wanna share a picture from it? 

I use a Nikon D5000 typically always with my 200 lens attached! 

I love it. I am looking to buy a fisheye lens in the near future though! :) 

I also have a smaller... Nikon L100. It isn't great in low light conditions.. But... it's great for night shots and macro shots! :)

by on Nov. 2, 2010 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cinnabunch
by Silver Member on Nov. 2, 2010 at 4:14 PM

those pictures are fantastic. I'm getting my daughter a good camera as a gift for taking our wedding pictures...I'm trying to keep it affordable. do you know of what direction I should be looking towards?

robertmommie
by Renee on Nov. 2, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Right now I just use a Sony Cyber-shot 12.1 mega pixels.  My husband has done the type of photography you have there, one day he will pick it up again when we can justify spending money on non essentials.  

kerryket
by Kerry on Nov. 2, 2010 at 4:27 PM
I have a cyber shot too, been having some problems with the settings changing on their own while I'm trying to shoot, messed up some good moments:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abernathyvanna
by Vanna on Nov. 2, 2010 at 4:30 PM

It would depend on what price range you are looking at and qualities.. Whether you want a DSLR or a Point and shoot. 

& Thank You! :)

Quoting cinnabunch:

those pictures are fantastic. I'm getting my daughter a good camera as a gift for taking our wedding pictures...I'm trying to keep it affordable. do you know of what direction I should be looking towards?

cinnabunch
by Silver Member on Nov. 2, 2010 at 4:39 PM

I'm not really sure. She is very into photography and would like to one day make it a career, plus she is doing wedding pictures with it. I know nothing about cameras at all.

abernathyvanna
by Vanna on Nov. 2, 2010 at 4:48 PM

I am a Nikon person.. But I would venture to say that there are some that are Canon in here. :) 

For a DSLR... I could be mistaken but I think the cheapest you are going to get is a D3000. I am sure that someone will correct me if I am wrong. It could be me but I buy all of my stuff new with warranties. 

The prices range though.. Through Wal-Mart you can get a D3000 package with the 18-55 lens and 55-200 lens, camera bag, guide book and sd card for about $600. HERE 

You can get a body and 18-55 lens for $489. HERE

The D5000 I bought from Best Buy. I paid right at $1000.00 for it. But that was with the body, 18-55 lens and 55-200 lens. Then the warranty was almost 200 extra. 

I am pretty sure that there is another member with a different model of a Nikon DSLR.. Just have to wait for her to reply. :)

websorceress
by on Nov. 2, 2010 at 5:36 PM

LOL I was going to do a post on new camera options but you beat me to it. I was going to do the research today...........:)))

Love, love, love your moon shot, very nice.

websorceress
by on Nov. 2, 2010 at 5:39 PM

I use a canon 40d which I love. Mostly I do stills but do people occassionally. Here are a couple of stills........

And my beautiful granddaughter, (I don't wanna grow up)

kimek65
by Kim on Nov. 2, 2010 at 6:01 PM

I am a NIKON girl.. I use a D90. It is my baby. I have been doing photography for about 5 yrs now and this is my 3rd Nikon. I keep upgrading them..lol

kanake
by on Nov. 2, 2010 at 8:16 PM

I use a Nikon D40 and I think I paid about 300 for it. Not too bad for me. It came with the lens 18-55 mm , and I have had it about a year and a half. I think it`s a great camera for just staring out.But as for nikon Vs canon I dont know . Maybe my next one will be a Canon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)