Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has some ever ruined your prized electronics before?

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2010 at 10:33 PM
  • 12 Replies

If so, how did you react?

by on Nov. 3, 2010 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abernathyvanna
by Vanna on Nov. 4, 2010 at 8:03 AM

Haha! I am always the 1 to ruin my electronics... Phones are the worst.. :( 

kimek65
by Kim on Nov. 4, 2010 at 8:39 AM

omg one time i flipped on my hubby. this is why i got my own laptop. I know now that he didnt do anything.. but our desk top crashed... i lost so many photos.. and i was a big B***h for weeks...lol

Cymbeline
by on Nov. 4, 2010 at 8:50 AM

Yes, and sometimes, it was me. Once, I accidentally put my phone through the washer. I cried.

My kids are also responsible for ruining keyboards, a brand new mouse, and headsets. I reacted by banning them from the computer for two weeks.

PinkSodaPop
by Member on Nov. 4, 2010 at 9:44 AM

I don't usually over react --- I have had so many electronic items get destroyed, it's now second nature for me to expect it.

Having kids you're bound to have some spills on some things, some oops I dropped it moments, and accidents a plenty.  --- I just roll with the flow, but I do get upset internally...I mean who wants to see their new toys get broken the same day you bought them!

robertmommie
by Renee on Nov. 4, 2010 at 1:14 PM

I've accidentally washed my husband's black berry before, I felt so bad, he didn't care though. Thankfully it was after we had the cell phones turned off to save more money, but he still used his as a mp3 player, so I felt bad.  The phone he had before that one died because he didn't even know it fell out of his pocket and into the toilet.  LMAO  I told him later when I walked in there and saw it, we laughed for days about that one.  

I have had someone ruin my ipod while I was deployed, I was not happy, it's not like I could go out and buy another one out there.  My roommate in Iraq said my charger cord fell into her coffee, she took it out shook it and laid it down.  She didn't tell me because she was afraid I would be mad, so when I plugged in my ipod and it wasn't charged in the morning, I looked at the connection and saw all the crud inside it.  It had transferred a lot of debree and ruined both the ipod and the charger.  There may have been a chance to save them if she had made an effort to clean it or tell me about it before I plugged in my ipod.  I was not happy, but that only lasted for a few minutes, I thought I would be able get music one way or another out there. Shortly after that I became too busy to worry about music anyway.  Also my ipod was already half dead since it turns out they don't do well in extreme heat (mp3 players do better), the 135 degree weather made our ipods hot to the touch, they would burn you if you touched them for too long without gloves. And they were only in our pockets, not sitting out in the sun.  So after a few minutes of being mad for her not telling me, I told her it was half dead anyway, not to worry about it.  And that was the end of it.

Quoting Cymbeline:

Yes, and sometimes, it was me. Once, I accidentally put my phone through the washer. I cried.

My kids are also responsible for ruining keyboards, a brand new mouse, and headsets. I reacted by banning them from the computer for two weeks.

EbonySnow
by Desiree on Nov. 4, 2010 at 2:21 PM

a few months ago my laptop crashed bad because someone left it on a heat source. I cried because I thought I'd lost the only video of one of my kitties who passed away. But it was saved! (it is now backed up)

sarahjz
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Only me, lol!

sarahjz
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I accidentally knocked my laptop to the floor and busted the screen. Very sad.  :(

Kmakksmom
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Nope!  Well, not a prized electronic. My oldest daughter was plugging in my son's tv and it shocked her and fried the tv.  :/

Kainalu55
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 6:11 AM

YES!  My daughter, just turned 2.  She pulled the keys off my laptop :-(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)