Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tech Cafe Tech Cafe

My husband was just taken to the hospital by ambulance (TMI) ***UPDATE #3***

I know it's probably stupid to be on here, but I don't have anyone to talk to and I can't go to the hospital because none of his family will come stay with the kids.  We think he was pooping out some of his intestines and that's what the medics who came seem to think too.  I don't know any more than that because they wanted to get him out of here as fast as possible and I was busy keeping the kids out of their way so they could do their job.  I'm going to call the hospital in a bit and see if I can find anything out.  I'm freaking, he's lost 40 lbs. since his surgery a little over 3 weeks ago due to them starving him at the hospital for almost a week after surgery and he was telling me just a few days ago that if he had to have surgery again soon for whatever reason he didn't think his body could handle it.  I hate this, I hate that I can't be there.

***side note***

My husband had surgery to remove a large melon sized tumor from his abdomen.  They also removed some of his small intestine and resewed the ends back together.

****UPDATE****

I just spoke to him at 8:30 PM, he said the on call surgeon came in and tried to pull the tissue out and it caused him excruciating pain.  He also told me she didn't know at first that he'd had the bowel resection done.  He was given a bunch of IV pain meds to keep him comfortable.  He had to get off the phone with me because the anesthesiologist came in to prep him for surgery.  They are going to go in through his colon with a camera to see what is going on and to evaluate whether or not this on call doc can handle it or if they need to wait for my husband's surgeon.  I don't understand why they won't just have him come in, even if he isn't on call; this is an emergency situation and my husband is his patient.  I made sure that while he was on the phone with me he told the hospital staff that it was ok to call me regardless of what time it is to update me on him.  Thank you ladies for your kind words and prayers.  I'll post more when I know more.

****UPDATE 2****

The surgeon called, he's out of surgery.  They were able to remove whatever it was laparoscopically.  She said she had no idea what it was they just removed from him, had never seen anything like it in her life and that she sent it over to pathology for evaluation.  He is being kept overnight for observation and will most likely be coming home tomorrow.  I finally convinced his parents to come watch the kids, but they're not coming til tomorrow morning.  I hate that they care more about themselves than their own child.

****UPDATE 3****

He was released from the hospital late this afternoon.  His parents came and stayed with our three kids so I could go to the hospital alone to pick him up and bring him home.  My husband's surgeon came in this morning and spoke to him and also said he'd never seen anything like what they removed.  This afternoon the surgeon who did last night's procedure came in and told him the preliminary results look like it's membrane tissue of some sort, but they still aren't sure why it happened or exactly what the tissue was, just that it was definitively membranous tissue and not something left behind from his first operation.  He is scheduled to have a colonoscopy and endoscopy done in the beginning of January because both surgeons agreed that him having two very weird things removed from him is not a good thing.  Thanks again everyone for your kind words of support, this hasn't been easy for us.

by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 10:36 PM
Replies (31-37):
Margo137
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2010 at 9:33 AM

Speedy recovery for sure!!!!!! I'm glad he's home.

KKenty
by Member on Dec. 8, 2010 at 10:34 AM

BUMP!

crazycountrymom
by Marie on Dec. 8, 2010 at 6:07 PM

Will pray for a speedy recovery for him.

EbonySnow
by Desiree on Dec. 8, 2010 at 6:35 PM

we'll keep him in our thoughts

Angiebooboo
by on Dec. 8, 2010 at 7:04 PM

good luck

bergencounty
by Member on Dec. 8, 2010 at 9:39 PM

hugs 

babygoose78
by Member on Dec. 8, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Just read this, sending well wishes your way. HUGS!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN