Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tech Cafe Tech Cafe

Best Baby Gift Websites

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2011 at 12:00 AM
  • 26 Replies

Do you have to buy a baby gift? It seems at least once a month I’m picking up something for a colleague at work, an acquaintance, or close relative. Too many times, I’m short on time and ideas, which usually leads to a misappropriation of funds and some sub-par gifting.

Over the years I have found a few go-to Web sites that help make gift-giving a little easier. Red Envelope (www.redenvelope.com) has great baby gifts. I’m completely partial to the ABC bookends in silver that come with three starter books. The bookends can even be monogrammed. Its on the pricey side, but they also have more inexpensive gifts from plush toys, to blankets, and frames. For smaller gifts, like a unique onesie and bib set, online craft marketplaces like Etsy and PaperNStitch are great go-to’s that won’t break the bank. Just be sure if you’re not familiar with a vendor to read the profile and check the rating before purchase. And if you have any questions about wash-ability or material used, feel free to send them a message--reputable vendors will respond within a day or so and will be kind and accommodating.

Of course, there’s always the popular retail stores that sell online (and ship with gift-wrapping) like PotteryBarn Kids, Carters, Gymboree, and GapKids. When buying a gift online, I’ve learned that having a budget in mind, ($20 for acquaintances, $35 for close coworkers, $50 and up for close friends and relatives) helps keep the buying in check, I’ve also learned that shopping from one of these sites and having them wrap and ship it to the new mom or mom-to-be is, at least for me, priceless.

What’s your baby gift go-to?

by on Mar. 1, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarahjz
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2011 at 2:02 PM

I love Red Envelope.  There is a gal local to me that makes awesome organic baby clothes and blankets...LOVE to purchase baby gifts for friends and family from her. 

Lately I've been loving Zulily.  Great stuff, at a pretty decent discount.  :)

itsallabtthem84
by ~B~ on Mar. 1, 2011 at 2:16 PM

I do in store shopping, lol. I can honestly say the only store you name that I have heard of is Carters. Sad I know, but I don't shop online often and if I do it is only to certain sites.

FlyingMommy747
by Member on Mar. 1, 2011 at 2:18 PM

Another site you might consider is Costco.com.  They have some really nice stuff at great prices.

kanake
by on Mar. 1, 2011 at 5:12 PM

wow, I haven't bought a baby gift in over a year. But these sound like some nice sites to visit next time I am in the market for a baby gift.

kerryket
by Kerry on Mar. 1, 2011 at 5:46 PM
I love, love, love shopping for babies! Don't really have a favorite for online shopping, usually just plug it into google shopping and see the best deals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimsardo
by on Mar. 1, 2011 at 6:20 PM

The last baby gift I bought was from the moms registry which was a few online stores, Walmart and Baby's R us. I chose Walmart and Baby's R Us. I went to BrU and sent a gift card from Walmart.

thenguyenclan
by Tina on Mar. 1, 2011 at 10:19 PM

i've never heard of red envelope before....but thank you for the sites!  i usually go to babies r us or another retail store to buy baby gifts ^_^

lhunt8
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:14 AM
Ooooh ill have to bookmark this :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazycountrymom
by Marie on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:49 AM

I haven't shopped much online but have heard of a few of the sites.. I will have to take a look at them. I have a reason  to check now that I have 3 grandbabies to buy for !  Before that , I didn' really have reason to .

robertmommie
by Renee on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:53 AM

haha same here

Quoting itsallabtthem84:

I do in store shopping, lol. I can honestly say the only store you name that I have heard of is Carters. Sad I know, but I don't shop online often and if I do it is only to certain sites.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)