Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tech Cafe Tech Cafe

3 Web Sites That Make Dinner Easy

Posted by   + Show Post

Dinner can be such a chore! Especially during the school year with after-school activities, homework, and general chaos, who has time to cook a well-balanced, healthy dinner that your kids and your husband will eat? Oh yeah, and do it all in about 30 minutes. If you just laughed at the impossibility of it all, I'm with ya. Which is why when I came across this fantatsic roundup of three Web sites, which I never heard of, that helps make dinner time easier I was instantly intrigued.

Relish! They'll e-mail you every Thursday with dinner suggestions for you to choose from for the following week. Each menu is categorized--low-calorie, crockpot, kid-friendly--and each meal takes about a half hour to make. You also get formatted shopping list with ingredients coded by meal and then categorized by grocery store aisle. Apparently, from start to finish, it is mind-blowingly perceptive to a busy mom's need--maybe because two busy moms came up with the idea. There is a fee, $7 a month; but fans say it's worth every penny

The Six O'Clock Scramble is based on a popular cookbook of the same name. Sign up online (for a small fee), and the author will e-mail you a week's worth of recipes and shopping list. Her recipes are easy to follow, and all take under 30 minutes to make. Check out the sample menus online, you'll be hooked!

Yummly is like a match.com for dinner. You tell it what foods you like, what foods you hate, and it sifts through recipes from All Recipe and Epicurious and comes up with meals you can make.  

Do you use any online meal planners? What's your go-to week-night dinner?

by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
lhunt8
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 11:14 AM
Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robertmommie
by Renee on Sep. 23, 2011 at 1:31 PM

TFS!  I like the yummly site, it has German recipes I have been looking for since I left Germany after being there for 4 years.

ladyjabberwock
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 5:06 PM

I use allrecipes.com when I'm organized...so less than I should.  I find supercook.com very helpful.  you put in the ingredients you have on hand, it it comes back with recipes using those ingredients.

Yummly sounds very useful.  I'mgoing to check that out.

Kylie819
by Sarah/Picture Whore on Sep. 23, 2011 at 5:41 PM
I usually google what I'm looking for. I like finding new cooking sites but I won't pay a fee.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amy7243
by Amy on Sep. 23, 2011 at 8:08 PM
Thanks for these sites. I love kraft.com.
kanake
Hooray for the rain.
Yesterday at 9:14 PM
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 10:47 PM

I have never used a meal planning site before.

kimsardo
by on Sep. 24, 2011 at 12:23 AM

Some of them have fee's that is interesting.

tooptimistic
by on Sep. 24, 2011 at 8:47 AM

Thank you. :)

kerryket
by Kerry on Sep. 24, 2011 at 9:48 AM

OOOh, I see Relish has a Gluten Free sister site!

I'm waiting on the kids to get ready (flashback to my mom waiting for me, the snail child to get moving) so I can take them to the gym for rock climbing.

crazycountrymom
by Marie on Sep. 26, 2011 at 9:20 AM

I don't use meal planners ..we just have what everyone agrees for the night for dinner. I do like Allrecipes though if I just want to look up something different to cook. TFS.  All sound like great sites !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)