20 Interesting Facts, Figures and Statistics Revealed by Facebook
Here are latest statistics revealed by Facebook.
The Facts and Figures from Facebook
- Monthly active users now total 901 million (up from 680 million a year ago)
- One in 7.7 people in the world have a Facebook account.
- Daily active users are up to 526 million (up from 372 million last year)
- Monthly mobile users now total 488 million
- Eighty-three million monthly active users accessed Facebook solely from mobile in the month ending March 31, 2012
- 300 million photos are uploaded to the site each day
- 3.2 billion Likes and Comments are posted daily
- Hosts 125 billion friendships
- Revenue for the first quarter of 2012 was $1.058 billion, up from $731 million last year
- Facebook expects to raise $5 billion in its IPO
- Facebook’s estimated value will be close to $100 billion after the IPO
- Facebook paid Instagram the equivalent of $1.01 billion for its business
- Facebook will pay Instagram a $200 million termination fee if government authorities prevent the acquisition from being completed
- If Facebook increased its current revenue rate it will make from $4.69 to $4.81 on each of its 901 million users each year
- Facebook hosts 42 million “Pages” with 10 or more likes
- There are currently 9 million Facebook “apps”
- Facebook owns 774 of its own US patents
- Facebook bought an additional 650 patents from Microsoft for $550 million
- Zygna the online games company (which includes Farmville) contributes 15% of Facebook revenue
- Facebook currently has 3,539 full-time employees
What numbers surprise you on this list?