Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tech Cafe Tech Cafe

Need help with printer problem

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:58 PM
  • 10 Replies

My printer has been jammed for three days now. It started with saying paper jam so I fixed that. Now it says cartridge jam, no error code just cartridge jam. I've done everything that HP web site suggested which was about 10 different steps. What happens is when you turn it on the cartridge goes to the right then when it goes to the left it jumps a little then goes back to the right and to the left again. When it jumps it makes a really loud noise. 

And help would be appreciated.

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ladyisis
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:19 PM

It sounds like something is broken inside your printer. Is it under warranty? Maybe call HP support and see what they have to say. I am sure they can help you figure it out or let you know if it is fixable and how much it would cost. Good luck and hope you figure it out.

johnny4ever
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:07 PM

bump

kerryket
by Kerry on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Shoot, I don't know, I would look to see if anything is obviously out of sorts, but then check with their support, wish I could help.

itsallabtthem84
by ~B~ on May. 1, 2012 at 7:57 PM

It does sound like something is broken. I would recommend just buying a new one.

itsallabtthem84
by ~B~ on May. 1, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Is it still under warrenty? If so see about shipping it to HP and have them fix it.

Avitar
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Something is either lodged inside or something is loose inside.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abernathyvanna
by Vanna on May. 2, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I think it sounds the same.. sounds like something is jammed inside of it.

smile357
by Linda on May. 2, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Thank you everybody but my friend came over today and it ended up being an electrical problem and the printer is shot.

websorceress
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:32 AM

glad you found out what it is........sorry it's broken though........sometimes not knowing is worse.....

smile357
by Linda on May. 4, 2012 at 7:12 AM

I pretty much thought it was but I told my friend that I didn't want to through something out if I missed something little. When it wouldn't even scan we knew it was electrical.

Now I have the fun of looking into a new printer. Not an expence I wanted.

Quoting websorceress:

glad you found out what it is........sorry it's broken though........sometimes not knowing is worse.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN