Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tech Cafe Tech Cafe

What is the difference? Screen size variations? More apps on one vs. the other? I know the kindle is for books, but it can do other stuff as well, right?

by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Replies (21-25):
Sunshyne74
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:08 PM
I havr the Ipad2 and Kindle fire to me there is no comparison the Ipad wins hands down. Although no one touches my Ipad it cost alot yes an its noy kid friendly when it comes to the easy to break glass. Now the Kindle has good games alot of apps is great for reading and very kid friendly i download tons of stuff for my 5 year old.

CafeMom Tickers

BeachMommy07
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Quoting Sunshyne74:

I havr the Ipad2 and Kindle fire to me there is no comparison the Ipad wins hands down. Although no one touches my Ipad it cost alot yes an its noy kid friendly when it comes to the easy to break glass. Now the Kindle has good games alot of apps is great for reading and very kid friendly i download tons of stuff for my 5 year old.

I often have to go to the hospital and doctor's offices which my son is very good at going with me but I would like a kindle fire for the apps for him and he is also 5 (: This would be good for him while waiting with mommy (:

RGladson
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:59 PM
iPads are overpriced, IMO. I have a Le Pan TC 970...same price as a Kindle Fire, but has a bigger 9.7 inch screen like the iPad whereas the Kindle Fire is only 7 inches. It runs on Android 2.2 (Froyo), but works awesome. It only connects to wifi, no 3G...but I'm alright with that since I just drag it around the house with me. I have Kindle for Android on it, too..so theres always that option, which I love. Also, you can get any apps from the Android market, which comes stock in the tablet. It was a good buy for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunshyne74
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Yes i let my son use it at Dr appts when we are at the bus stop in the mornings. It has interactive books as well and both of my children 5 & 9 love it. The kindle Fire has just about every app android does.

CafeMom Tickers

kerryket
by Kerry on May. 3, 2012 at 11:45 PM

We use the Kindle Fire at school, but only for specific apps with the kids, so I can't say.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN