Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tech Cafe Tech Cafe

hi all - new here - and basically technilogically challenged. (seriously - not a techy)

we have one family computer and are just hooking up to wireless(FINALLY) - for the kids i-touches.....being that we have no laptops (although we will probably get one within the year)

my question is about tablets.  We totally cannot afford an i-pad (although i know that's really the way to go being that we all have wither i-pods or i-touches).....but i'm more money wise in the market for either a Kindle Fire or a Nook Tablet.

i was wondering which one is really the better call. 

Opinions please????

by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Replies (11-15):
mariannegie
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:06 PM

IMO, the Nook Color has better hardware, but the Kindle Fire has a better ecosystem for getting content (ie., Amazon).

itsallabtthem84
by ~B~ on May. 5, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Same here.

Quoting kanake:

I don`t know on this one. so another bump.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marz31
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 12:20 PM

The new Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 is coming out in a few weeks, it's VERY similar to the Fire and Nook Tablet and it will have the latest Android version which means you can do any android app on there (Fire uses the Amazon market which doesn't have every app available, altho if you really want to, there are apps that can be "sideloaded" but my hubby's done all of that). but anyway, it's going to come out for less than $300 and will have the SD card expansion option. I love my Samsung Galaxy phone, so I imagine the tabs are awesome too.

EbonySnow
by Desiree on May. 6, 2012 at 1:29 PM

sorry I don't know about tablets

mommybug77
by Crystal on May. 6, 2012 at 11:00 PM
I have a Motorola Xoom
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)