Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tech Cafe Tech Cafe

Justin Bieber 'Graduation Gift' Tweets Should Make Moms Cringe

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:31 PM
~B~
  • 15 Replies

Justin Bieber announced recently that he's finished high school, so in response, the Twitterverse has taken to musing about the kinds of graduation gifts the pop star should receive. As if the kid who owns a Batmobile really needs anything else! Well, I guess that's the point. What could Biebs possibly need? The answers to TMZ's question are popping up on Twitter under the hashtag "#BieberGraduationGifts." And they're not exactly what I was expecting ... Honestly, I thought they'd mostly all be humorous, maybe a little tongue-in-cheek. Like "21 million Beliebers' virginity." Yeah, that's pretty funny.

But for the most part, there are tweeted answers to the Q -- mostly written by seemingly tween or teenage Twitter users -- that go way too far.

I'm talkin' really mean-spirited or downright crude responses I don't feel are fit to print ... And then you've got your hoards of underage girls offering up their virginity to the Biebs. Sigh.

What is it about a seemingly innocent Twitter game that brings out such cruel, ugly, inappropriate responses?What's more, how is it escaping these (mostly) kids that their responses are completely public? Hello! That is what "social media" is! Eeek. Maybe their parents aren't currently following them on Twitter, but they need to know their tweets are still out there forever (unless they come to their senses and delete it) for anyone to see. Bad news.

No parent should have to cyber-stalk their kid to see what kind of potentially reputation-scarring antics they're getting up to online. But when so many tweets directed at a simple hashtag game are thiscringe-worthy, it's apparent that some moms might need to be doing exactly that.

Do you find this disturbing?

by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kerryket
by Kerry on May. 8, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Not surprising anymore, but yes, disturbing. It's sad, kids are giving up so much of their childhood, making life altering decisions before they are ready to deal with the consequences.
Avitar
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 8:04 AM
Well, I don't know what was said.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thenguyenclan
by Tina on May. 9, 2012 at 8:31 AM

kids these days....smh.....

johnny4ever
Great First Day
Yesterday at 7:56 AM
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:57 AM

hmm

EbonySnow
by Desiree on May. 9, 2012 at 2:07 PM

exactly

Quoting Avitar:

Well, I don't know what was said.

robertmommie
by Renee on May. 9, 2012 at 5:48 PM

hmm

sarahjz
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Sad.
websorceress
by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:31 AM

ya, I do but not surprised...........my daughter monitors everything her daughter of 15 does and says on FB, she isn't even allowed to read emails without her mom reading them first.......too much control? No, her daughter is naive........she does give her more room with the cell phone texting but not online......but I guess many parents don't do that............

kimsardo
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Quoting thenguyenclan:

kids these days....smh.....

What is smh?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)