Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tech Cafe Tech Cafe

Anybody try Windows 8 yet?

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:58 PM
  • 16 Replies
If so, what do you think?
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
Beautiful day!
Yesterday at 8:35 AM
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kerryket
by Kerry on May. 11, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Not me!

websorceress
by on May. 12, 2012 at 3:12 AM

nooo I only got 7 a year ago, I highly doubt I'll be getting 8 at all, by the time I need a new comp 10 will be out LOL

kanake
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:04 AM

No, I just got this comp with windows 7 a couple of months ago. I still like my xp

somethin_else
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Quoting kanake:

No, I just got this comp with windows 7 a couple of months ago. I still like my xp

I've had Win 7 for about 1 1/2 years.  A bit different than XP but overall I think I like it better.  I wish ever new OS did not decide for me what is secure and what is not. :(  Been debating trying WIn 8.  Don't know anuybody yet that has and I am sure it is still missing stuff

Karla1948
by Member on May. 12, 2012 at 4:58 PM

I didn't realize that Windows 8 was already released! I'm still nurturing my machine with Windows XP, and plan to replace it once 8 has been out for a few months. Hopefully most of the bugs will be out of it by then.

Advertising Banner Designs - Only $9.00

somethin_else
by on May. 12, 2012 at 5:14 PM

It is not released.  You can download a "Consumer Preview."  Just read an article today and like I thought, not being viewed as ready for prime time

Quoting Karla1948:

I didn't realize that Windows 8 was already released! I'm still nurturing my machine with Windows XP, and plan to replace it once 8 has been out for a few months. Hopefully most of the bugs will be out of it by then.

Karla1948
by Member on May. 12, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Between ME and Vista, I am really hoping that Microsoft has learned its lesson about releasing operating systems that are garbage. I have used 7 and am really impressed with it, I almost upgraded my machine. But another reason I'm holding out a bit longer is because my printer, HP Laserjet 1000 (still in perfect running order after 9 years) will not work with 7.

Quoting somethin_else:

It is not released.  You can download a "Consumer Preview."  Just read an article today and like I thought, not being viewed as ready for prime time

Quoting Karla1948:

Advertising Banner Designs - Only $9.00

ThreeKidsEnough
by on May. 12, 2012 at 5:28 PM

No.  I have Windows 7, which I really like.  We have Vista on an older computer--that's got to be the absolute WORST operating system ever made.   Even if I were inclined to try Windows 8, which I'm not, I'd wait till the intial bugs are out of it.

butterfly227
by Member on May. 12, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I too didnt know there was an 8. Has anyone here previewed it yet? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)