Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tech Cafe Tech Cafe

What tried-and-true-methods are workable for you when you have experienced a 'dead-screen' computer-start-up?

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:30 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

T he 'dreaded-dead-screen' syndrome! No, tis not the 'oh,the monthly phone-bill wasnot paid,no power need new battery,etc.;but, a relapse;into, cyberspace coma vortex!!!! All you computer CafeMoms join this 'talk-it-up' forum,and 'happy keying(smile)spider

by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kanake
by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:32 PM

This is foriegn to me, but I would like to read the answers. So I`ll keep it at the top.

kanake
by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:36 PM

BUMP!

johnny4ever
by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:40 PM

bump

EbonySnow
by Desiree on May. 15, 2012 at 2:35 PM

BUMP!

somethin_else
by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:05 PM
I try and figure out if it is a computer problem or a screen problem. If I hook up a new screen (assumes everything is on, plugged in, etc.) do I get a display? If yes, screen problem, if not PC problem. Troubleshoot from there. Usually it is something simple though, like BOTH end of monitor power not plugged in :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onecuteladybug2
by KT on May. 16, 2012 at 5:11 AM

The first thing I do is check to make sure everything is properly plugged in. After that, I will do a hard reset and start it back up in Safe Mode.

sarahjz
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Quoting onecuteladybug2:

The first thing I do is check to make sure everything is properly plugged in. After that, I will do a hard reset and start it back up in Safe Mode.

This^

itsallabtthem84
by ~B~ on May. 16, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Quoting onecuteladybug2:

THis...

abernathyvanna
by Vanna on May. 17, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I just gave up on mine. It wouldn't start up right, so I went and bought a new 1.. But that's been a few years ago 

Ladyisis
by on May. 17, 2012 at 8:28 PM

I really don't know so here is a bump for ya. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN