Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tech Cafe Tech Cafe

Qotd 5-18

Posted by on May. 18, 2012 at 7:36 AM
  • 23 Replies
Do you wear a seatbelt???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 18, 2012 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abernathyvanna
by Vanna on May. 18, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Always.. That is the first thing that I do when I get in a vehicle... It doesn't matter where I am sitting. 

abernathyvanna
by Vanna on May. 18, 2012 at 8:53 AM

I have had family be killed and other family injured badly from not wearing their seatbelt. Then other family that was saved by theirs. 

My cousin wrecked a few years back and him and his friend weren't wearing theirs.. The vehicle went down a 130(ish) ft embankment but they only went down between 90 & 100 ft. Both were ejected from the 4 runner. Both were seriously injured and flown out in a helicopter and both spent about 3 weeks in ICU. My cousin came within a hair of being internally decapitated.

I also have another cousin that wasn't wearing her belt.. But this was in the early 80's when it wasn't illegal not to wear it. My aunt was driving and my cousin was 5. My aunt was t-boned by a transfer truck and the guy driving was drunk.. At the impact, my aunts car rolled 4 times. During 1 of those rolls, my cousin was thrown out of the window and on the 4th roll, the car landed on top of her. She was killed instantly, at 5 years old her body had no chance. My aunt knows now that if Tonya would have had her belt on she would have had more of a chance and most likely wouldn't  have been thrown out of the car. 

FlyingMommy747
by Member on May. 18, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Absolutely!  The car does not move until everyone is wearing their seatbelt.  I always have to have an argument with my MIL about it, but I always win out because she knows I'm right.

andrea96
by on May. 18, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Always.

somethin_else
by on May. 18, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Always in the front seat, less consistent if in the back seat
robertmommie
by Renee on May. 18, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Same here.

Quoting abernathyvanna:

Always.. That is the first thing that I do when I get in a vehicle... It doesn't matter where I am sitting. 

lismore
by Member on May. 18, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Quoting andrea96:

Always.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marz31
by Member on May. 18, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Yup, it's the law for ALL passengers here too. not just the front seat or by age. We have a friend who swears he was saved by NO wearing his seatbelt, but those cases are so rare, I'd never take the change!

EbonySnow
by Desiree on May. 18, 2012 at 12:02 PM

yes always

johnny4ever
by on May. 18, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Always

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)