bristol and trippI have never been a big fan of the Palins -- any of them.

But my heart went out to Bristolduring her headline grabbing bar fight on the premiere of Bristol Palin: Life's a Tripp.

Stephen Hanks didn't just heckle the poor girl. It seemed like he was trying to crush her because he disagrees with her mother Sarah Palin's political beliefs. Now, I am not trying to stick up for the former veep candidate, but I do defend Bristol's right to have a good time with her pals without some jerk crapping all over her.

Just think how you would react if you are hanging with friends and after working up the nerve to ride a mechanical bull you here, "Did you ride Levi like that? Your mom's a whore!" We would do just what Bristol did: confront the dude.

I was psyched to see her spunk. The 21-year-old showed more personality that night then she ever did on an entire season of Dancing With The StarsShe demanded he to describe just what made her mom a supposed whore. Clearly, he couldn't back up that statement. Sarah may be a lot of things but a whore she is most definitely not. But the squabble only gets worse. Bristol is called "white trash from Wasilla" and told her mom is evil and belongs in hell. Levi is even thrown in her face again.

It's no surprise the night ends with her crying in the parking lot. No matter how you feel about that family's politics, you really feel for Bristol in that moment. She has taken a lot of abuse over the years. This was supposed to be her fresh start but she's left fearing that may not be possible. She even told Us weekly the incident is what ultimately sends her running back to Wasilla.

That said, while I think the attack was totally uncalled for, it made for some pretty good TV. But let's just hope the next heckler goes after Bristol for stuff she's actually said (like her own recent comments about gay marriage). Now that's a gripe I can get behind.

Do you think Bristol was unfairly attacked at that bar?