Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tech Cafe Tech Cafe

6 Things That Should Not be Said by Text Message - What should you never text?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:06 PM
  • 13 Replies

6 Things That Should Not be Said by Text Message

Posted by Kiri Blakeley on June 24, 2012 

I admit that, technology-wise, I'm a bit behind the times. I'm  on only my second cell phone in 10 years and it's a rudimentary phone. Which means that I can't tap out complex text messages like everyone else seems to be able to do on their smartphones, iPads and Blackberries. Long texts from coworkers or friends are usually answered with a simple "Yes," or "No." They probably think I'm being rude, but I just don't have the equipment to get into prolonged discussions via text message.

Even if I did have the means of writing out long messages via text, I still believe that some things should never be said by text. Here are 6 of them.

More from The Stir: Horrifying Text Exchange Proves Texting Is Very Bad for Dating

What did the doctor say?

So someone you know has just been to the doctor, for something kind of serious involving tests or X-rays or scans, and you want her to tap her diagnosis into the phone? If you care at all what the doctor says about your friend's health, you'll call.

I love you.

This is cute if you've been seeing each other for awhile and it's the middle of the day, and you just want to check in with a little digital mash note. It's NOT cute if this is the first time you're saying it to someone. That is for in-person only.

Will you marry me?

Just no.

You're fired.

I'm pretty sure this could be grounds for some kind of lawsuit. Okay, maybe not, but I don't care how much you don't like someone, or how much they deserve it, unless your employee embezzled a bunch of funds, you owe them a phone call or in-person meeting.

I can't see you anymore.

If you've gone past three dates or gotten sexual with someone, you owe them a phone call at least. Maybe an email if it's sincere and well-written. But I still think that's pretty lame.

Hey, it's so-and-so, from fifth grade! What have you been up to?

Seriously, you want me to text back the last 20 years of my life?

What should you never text?

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gmadiane
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I dont text much

kerryket
by Kerry on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Anything personal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
storkradio193
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I rarely text.

I definitely would not text anything financial like SS#s and such.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

sarahjz
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 6:02 PM

I agree with all of those mentioned.

itsallabtthem84
by ~B~ on Jun. 25, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Nothing financial or personnel, imo.

Ladyisis
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Nothing personal or financial.

EbonySnow
by Desiree on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I don't text at all

mysticalmalissa
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I would think those things are pretty much common sense. 

websorceress
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 2:15 AM

'I'm gonna kill you'..............LOL........figuratively speaking it could be taken seriously.......

kanake
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Definitley agree.

Quoting websorceress:

'I'm gonna kill you'..............LOL........figuratively speaking it could be taken seriously.......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)