Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tech Cafe Tech Cafe

Have you ever put up bad photos of friends on Facebook? Have they done it to you?

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 9:58 AM
  • 13 Replies

Your Facebook Friends Are Posting Ugly Pictures of You On Purpose

Posted by Emily Abbate on July 6, 2012 

FacebookYears ago I changed my Facebook privacy settings to hide photos I'm tagged in. I just didn't like having to police my own profile and slightly freak out if a horrible picture was posted. Call me over-concerned, I'm OK with it.

One would think friends would have each other's back when it comes to posting heinous pics, right? Well, a recent survey says that, actually, they don't.

Get this: about one-fourth of women surveyed by photo website MyMemory admitted to having tagged unflattering photos of their friends on Facebook. It gets worse though! If one of their galpals asked them to remove the ugly snapshot, a fifth of them WOULDN'T do it!

Seriously, is this what social networking has come to!? Legitimate sabotage?

It's funny, don't you think? It really brings to light a big purpose of social media -- self promotion.

Follow me here on this one: a big function of being on Facebook and other social sites is staying in touch with people you haven't seen in a while. Because of that, you want your profile to give off the best image of yourself. That image isn't exactly boosted when horrible photos are added to your feed, you know what I'm saying? 

So essentially this survey makes it seem like women, no excuse me -- FRIENDS, are trying to make themselves look better than one-another online? Can't say I'm surprised. Personally, I try not to do it to my best girls. For now, I'm gonna stick to my conviction that if someone's putting up "bad" photos of me, it's an accident, and when all else fails -- that's why I keep 'em hidden.

Have you ever put up bad photos of friends on Facebook? Have they done it to you?

by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
Happy 11th Birthday Daniel!!!
Yesterday at 7:30 AM
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Never....yes!

EbonySnow
by Desiree on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM

I seldom post any pictures

kimsardo
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 3:50 PM

What is bad? If the photo is not the most flattering but other people are in it and I find it worthy of posting I will post it and not tag the person. I will leave it up to the person to tag themselves if I question the photo. 

kimsardo
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Yes, it's been done to me, but I also post pics that aren't that flattering of myself. Seriously, if that's how I looked that's how I looked. Trying to hide it from the world doesn't change they way I looked at that moment.

kimsardo
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Here is one now :)

kerryket
by Kerry on Jul. 7, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Oh yeah, I've had some pretty bad ones show up!  I posted one of my daughter in her dress for a dance and she freaked, when she asked, I took it down.

Ladyisis
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 8:44 PM

No I haven't and only my family has put up crazy pics of me. I usually tell them to take them down or only share them with me and no one else. Thanks for sharing.

janitablue
by Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 9:04 PM

No  I don't take lot of pictures of myself.

onecuteladybug2
by KT on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Nope

websorceress
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 4:56 AM

No, I would never do that because I don't want it done to me and it hasn't.......if someone did, I'd ask them to remove it....a true friend doesn't do crap like that.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)