Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tech Cafe Tech Cafe

Help with Yahoo to Google Chrome please

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:23 AM
  • 8 Replies

Yes I know that I'm sounding like a moron lately and I should know the answer to this question. I must be missing something.

I started with Seamonkey browser and a few months ago it was giving me problems. I've always had a yahoo email adress on it. Then I swithed to Google Chrome and it was irritating me too but I had managed to import all my contacts from Seamonkey to Chrome so my email still worked. Then we hot androids and I had to get a gmail account and my gmail never gave me any problems. Then I switched to Safari, now I'm back at Chrome to stay. But my Gmail contacts won't come up when I'm trying to make an email. I press the To button and the little box gos blue. 

Is it the browsers or what. When I go into Safari ( I haven't taken off my comp yet) it works fine, just not on chrome. Oh, and I have all my contacts on chrome, that box just comes up blue. :)

by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sarahjz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Is this issue on your computer?  Phone?  Tablet?

smile357
by Linda on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:38 AM

computer, phone seems to be fine

Ladyisis
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Hmmmm. It could be the browser. Maybe try uninstalling google chrome and reinstall it and then try to import everything and see if it works. If not I am not sure what the problem is. Good luck! :)

kerryket
by Kerry on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Did the reinstall work?

EbonySnow
by Desiree on Jul. 28, 2012 at 2:48 PM

sorry I don't know

smile357
by Linda on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I honestly haven't had a chance to even be on here up until right now. Tomorrow I'll try to reinstall the programs. Thank you

Quoting kerryket:

Did the reinstall work?

LichQueen
by Anghellica on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Dunno if you tried this yet or maybe i just read the post wrong but if you go to your gmail from your inbox

Go to settings-accounts and imports then from that screen click on import mail and contacts.

smile357
by Linda on Jul. 29, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Actually I did that and apparently I have already done that. It did nothing for the box and it duplicated all my contacts. Later I'll have time to reinstall Google Chrome. Back to house work :)

Quoting LichQueen:

Dunno if you tried this yet or maybe i just read the post wrong but if you go to your gmail from your inbox

Go to settings-accounts and imports then from that screen click on import mail and contacts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN