Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tech Cafe Tech Cafe

Woman's Crude Email to Padres After 30 Job Rejections Shouldn't Have Gone Viral - Do you forward emails from people without them knowing about it?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 6:12 PM
  • 10 Replies

Woman's Crude Email to Padres After 30 Job Rejections Shouldn't Have Gone Viral

Posted by Kiri Blakeley on August 15, 2012 

Yesterday, I wrote about STFUParents and my view that some of the postings were an invasion of privacy. Many disagreed with me, contending that anything on the Internet is public. However, if that were true, I would write the sequel to the bestselling book Go the F-ck to Sleep. Because that book began as a joke on the author's Facebook page. Maybe Adam Mansbach won't mind. Hey, Adam, it was on your Facebook page! It's mine now, allllll mine. Bwahaha.

Apparently some people -- like the coughSan Diego Padrescough -- think that emails too should be sent around for mass consumption. When the baseball team got an angry email from frustrated job seeker Taylor Grey Meyer, they decided to circulate it.

After Taylor was rejected for job openings 30 times by the Padres, she received an email from them urging her to sign up for their $500 job fair. As she'd already applied for every job imaginable with them and been turned down, she felt their offer was a way to take advantage of desperate job hunters.

So Taylor did what many of us long to do when companies get on our nerves -- she sent off an email telling them to get lost. Only she phrased it as "suck my d ---" and said her boot would be a good fit in their ass.

Unlike her resume, Taylor's email was a huge hit. Padres employees began forwarding it around until everyone in the entire sports industry had read it. A few even liked the email so much they're taking meetings with Taylor about jobs.

Taylor seems to think "something great" will come out of her angry email rant going viral. We shall see. As for myself, I think privately sent emails should remain private. Unless they belong to Kristen Stewart.

Do you forward emails from people without them knowing about it?

by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
robertmommie
by Renee on Aug. 15, 2012 at 7:04 PM

It's been a long time since I forwarded an email.  I always tell the sender that I am forwarding the email, it's never been anything personal, just jokes my friends and family found online and sent to me.

johnny4ever
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Nope

kerryket
by Kerry on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Nah, I don't.

Ladyisis
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:45 PM

No I don't.

websorceress
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 5:50 AM

could be but not for ill intent..........only good stuff that can be shared.......

kanake
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 1:35 PM

No, I don't think it's proper.

EbonySnow
by Desiree on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I generally just don't forward stuff

sarahjz
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Only informational things and usually only to my husband.

Knightquester
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:34 PM

No I don't and I would consider it rude and inappropriate for anybody to.  Having said that my mom always taught me to be careful with what you put in writing, because you never know who will pick up and read what you've written.  I wouldn't dream of sending some crazy rant e-mail to anybody, and if I did I would fully expect they would consider me a nutcase not to be taken seriously.

onecuteladybug2
by KT on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:56 AM

I actually do forward some e-mails that I receive. They are forwarded to an aunt to file, just like I file them myself, in case my account is ever compromised. You have to do what you have to do when dealing with custody issues...

However, I would NEVER forward something like this...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)