Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tech Cafe Tech Cafe

you know you're old when...

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 6:19 PM
  • 31 Replies
your 7yo dd asks "what's a CD player?"

My 6yo tells me that a friend on the bus has this CD player thing. And then Juli asks this. Lol

So what are somethings that makes you old
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Wha!!!  A CD player! That's new tech. LOL!

TheBabyFactory4
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:49 PM
To us it seems when you were alive before it was iinvented. But they use mp3 players and pandora. lol

Quoting Bmat:

Wha!!!  A CD player! That's new tech. LOL!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
itsallabtthem84
by ~B~ on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:16 AM
LOL!

I was cleaning out my closet the other day and came across several cassette tapes. My son asked what they were and I told him. He just looked at me and said what do they do. I couldn't help but laugh. So I brought out my old radio and showed him. He thought it was so cool to have a radio and cassette tapes, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:59 AM

The music today makes me feel old. I have no idea what these kids are trying to say lol.

storkradio193
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Not knowing tapes, I get, but not knowing CDs definitely makes me feel old.  The other night a movie with Adam Sandler was on, I forget the title, and his kids says something like "what is the box on the back of the tv?"  It was a standard non-flat screen tv.  Our younger kids will only know flat screens or have vague memories of big tvs.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

.Angelica.
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 1:21 PM

LOL oh wow... now we know how are parents felt.

TheBabyFactory4
by Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 2:23 PM

out of the 4 tvs in our home, only one of them is a flatscreen. the other ones still work so Im not rushing to get new ones. in fact the one in my boys room that we only use for DVD player we bought for $20

Quoting storkradio193:

Not knowing tapes, I get, but not knowing CDs definitely makes me feel old.  The other night a movie with Adam Sandler was on, I forget the title, and his kids says something like "what is the box on the back of the tv?"  It was a standard non-flat screen tv.  Our younger kids will only know flat screens or have vague memories of big tvs.

dixiegurl223626
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:39 AM

lol! My son asked why is the tv in his room so round.

Sisteract
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I am old-

bamababe1975
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:32 PM

I was watching a rerun of Early Edition with my nephew. The character Chuck was talking about something and said, "Just don't ask it to help you program your VCR." My nephew turned to me and asked, "What's a VCR?" He is 5, so he's grown up in the DVD/BluRay world.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)