Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tech Cafe Tech Cafe

What is your preference?

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Replies (11-20):
jadedcynic
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I have the fire and an app called documents to go. I use my Kindle for doing my school and work assignments.

Quoting the3Rs:

Which (if either) can be used for productivity like school/work docs?

mrswillie
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:52 AM

Kindle

the3Rs
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:15 AM

Thanks - I was debating about getting this for my son, but I want him to be able to do schoolwork on it...they always ask for Word or PPT docs...is 'documents to go' compatible with those?

He has a netbook - but it sucks and he never uses it (with good reason as - you know - it sucks, lol).  So, I wanted to get him something new, but laptops seem so outdated now ;)

Quoting jadedcynic:

I have the fire and an app called documents to go. I use my Kindle for doing my school and work assignments.

Quoting the3Rs:

Marz31
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:08 PM

what about a new Windows Surface with an attachable keyboard? I can't imagine using the virtual keyboard on the kindle fire to type out a paper or something. 

Quoting the3Rs:

Thanks - I was debating about getting this for my son, but I want him to be able to do schoolwork on it...they always ask for Word or PPT docs...is 'documents to go' compatible with those?

He has a netbook - but it sucks and he never uses it (with good reason as - you know - it sucks, lol).  So, I wanted to get him something new, but laptops seem so outdated now ;)

Quoting jadedcynic:

Quoting the3Rs:

jadedcynic
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:22 PM

It is fully compatible with Word and PowerPoint. I use it all the time. There are other apps, but this is the one I use.

Quoting the3Rs:

Quoting jadedcynic:

Quoting the3Rs:

iluvmypreemies
by New Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:36 PM
I have a different tablet but if I got one it would be a Kindle. I love that Amazon is behind it and there are so many apps for it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sweetmissy_05
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Not sure...I don't know either.
the3Rs
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:43 PM
Well, I did it. His Kindle Fire arrived yesterday. Yeah!! I kind of want to keep it for myself, LOL:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AllieRambles
by New Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I'm saving for a Kindle.  I love Amazon.  Crossing my fingers I get one for Christmas.

janitablue
by Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I have a nook color but kindle looks nice as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN