Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tech Cafe Tech Cafe

Tablets? iPads, nexsus... Huh?

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:06 AM
  • 20 Replies
My wonderful husband and mom have decided to put their money together and buy me a tablet for my birthday/Christmas this year. Only problem? I don't know much about them.
I have an iPhone and I love it. DH really wants to get me an iPad, and secretly I really want him to he says money is no object, but I've never been able to spend money like this on myself.
What I'm wondering is, is an iPad worth it? I tried googling and well, my 10 month old said he didn't think it matter and should pay all my attention to him. lol
They have a little over $400 to spend. Thanks!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angelfaces
by Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I curious myself about the tablets, iPads, etc.  Would like to eventually get one of them.  Can't help you out, but good luck with your decision.

PortiaRose
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Google it. Like "top 10 tablets" or "tablet vs laptop". I live and die by reviews.
kimsardo
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have an iphone. I do have a 5' android tablet/phone and I have an iPad. 

My opinion is that if you have an iphone I'd go with a cheaper android tablet and save the $.   If money is no object get the iPad. Know the question is do you wan the Ipad mini or the new iPad.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I have an iPad2 and I love it. A lot of stores have the iPad2 for around $400 and then you get a store gift card back for buying it.
BeachMommy07
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:05 AM

The tablets are neat. Our friend has one and there are different apps, etc. 

BrookPayton
by New Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:07 AM
What kind is it?

Quoting BeachMommy07:

BeachMommy07
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

samsung

Quoting BrookPayton:

What kind is it?

Quoting BeachMommy07:

jerzeetomato
by New Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a Samsung Tablet and I like it and its useful and it serves as my Kindle since I could put an app on it.  I got it for free from a CM influencer program.  However, I am completely in love with Apple's committment to customer service and think that if you are going to invest, then invest in the company with superior Customer support.  Apple for the most part is tops in taking care of its consumers, and I know since my kids have been through more ipods than I can count.

hnischke
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
We both have iPhones. Last year for Christmas I bought my husband an iPad. Best investment ever! We use it all the time!
the3Rs
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Personally, I feel that Apple severely overprices their products - they're simply NOT that much better to be that much more expensive.  So, I would not go with an iPad as the other tablets are just as good (e.g. Samsung).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN