Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tech Cafe Tech Cafe

what type of computer is good

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:26 AM
  • 11 Replies

I have been thinking about getting a new computer and giving my old one to my husband I just upgraded it in august but we have to share it I already have a laptop that I mostly use for traveling only so I want a new desktop I was looking at Costco and seen hp and dell there best one they had was the dell for 799 and you get speakers monitor keyboard mouse it had 10mg and 2Tb it was really nice but I am just not sure I want to spend that much for it I don't know much about dell my desktop is an hp which I really don't care for hp's all that much and  the ports that I plug my camera into doesn't work at all so that is another reason I want to trade it and get a new one so what I am wondering is I want one that will have lots of memory for photo shop cs6 because I am a photographer /graphic designer I was looking at an apple but they are very expensive  I also love playing sims3 surfing the web so what is a good computer and is there any good reliable websites I can go to look at the computers as well I want the best for my buck hope someone can help me out I know only a little bit about computers but love learning more about them 

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
storkradio193
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I usually check out reviews on cnet.com or pcmag.com.  They have top picks and you can read about the advantages and disadvantages of each.  Most decent new computers should easily handle cs6 (just not the cheapest options).

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

xxxTrishy518xxx
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I know www.newegg.com is a good site.

crissy1200
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:26 AM

I bought one yesterday from best buy thank you for the help though 

crissy1200
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Update i had to take the computer back because at this time photo shop is not supported by Windows 8 and Windows 7 has been taken off the shelves so im going to look online or just wait for them to get the patch to support it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alibrezzy154
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:58 AM
We really need to stop meeting like this. Lol. As far as finding a computer that will work amazing with Photoshop you know Derek doesn't mind helping you out. He's the one that helped me out getting mine to work with all the programs I use and it turned out amazing and super inexpensive.
crissy1200
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:36 AM
Yes we do im just going to wait i am thinking i might even go to have one built for me still debating im sure he would know of a good one to
alibrezzy154
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Ehh I'm sure we can manage. :) and yeah he said you should pick up the parts at newegg and take them into a trusted computer shop that you know of down there to get them to put it together and put the win 7 on it for you. He went into detail about it but it would probably be easier if you talked to him about everything you'd need exactly, if you like of course. :)
crissy1200
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Microsoft discounted 7 I have looked all over for the damn disk they took it off all shelves ya im going to have one built a little down the road and take Ashton to get some up grades too so he can play his games im sure he did and your post would be super long lol if you did go into all the details
alibrezzy154
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:38 AM

HAHA oh always. I figued I didn't have to explain why. :) As far as finding windows 7 look on ebay. 

Quoting crissy1200:

Microsoft discounted 7 I have looked all over for the damn disk they took it off all shelves ya im going to have one built a little down the road and take Ashton to get some up grades too so he can play his games im sure he did and your post would be super long lol if you did go into all the details

stillkim
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I still love my Dell Inspiron One All in one Desktop.

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-one-23-2330-aio/pd?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&ST=dell%20inspiron%20one&dgc=ST&cid=82919&lid=2108323&acd=sCHfBSxZy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)