Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tech Cafe Tech Cafe

motherboards

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:41 AM
  • 7 Replies

well I installed antivirus protection that I bought at best buy and I couldn't log on to the Internet I turned down the firewall I even restarted my computer also restarted my router then it still wouldn't load pages so my husband tried to fix it he couldn't so he called geek squad because I paid for tech support for three years they couldn't remote access it because I had no Internet so they told me to take it to best buy so the guy at best buy found out that because of living in the desert I had a lot of dust in the Ethernet port so he cleaned that then low and behold found out that my mother board is toast so he said by a new computer which I can not afford right now so I brang it home then my husband took another look at it because I was thinking maybe the guy was full of crap well he wasn't so husband took a motherboard out of another computer that we have and it turns out its not compatible with my tower so I have to replace it I am so mad now I have to transfer all of my stuff to my lab top so my question is anyone know how much a mother board is or could cost I just upgraded this tower in august with a new graphic card and more memory I have a lot work on this computer so its really hard to let it go to the trash its only 5 years old 

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
alibrezzy154
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:28 PM

motherboards aren't much usually about 200 and below probably even less because your comp is so old the problem your going to have is finding one that matches exactly to your computer.  

crissy1200
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Oh okay thank you for letting me know i will have to call around to the small computer places and see if they have any that much up its good to know there cheaper then what i was thinking
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alibrezzy154
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Oh yeah way cheaper I was talking to Derek and you'll probably be looking at more like less then a hundred. Oh and he says if your using photo shop a lot with it pick up a better processer While your at it.
crissy1200
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:57 AM
What is a processer
alibrezzy154
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:17 AM
It's a piece of hardware that you need for the computer to function. Idk Derek knows everything about it. Below is the definition. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cpu

Don't touch that part Like you do to the memory and graphics card. You need thermal paste and a lot more skill to upgrade that part it would work better to just take it in to one of the small computer shops and tell them what you want to do.

Derek said just call him or email. Hes happy to answer any questions you have computer wise. He isn't working today so call him anytime.
crissy1200
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:13 AM
Okay well im gonna either take it to a computer shop to get fixed or buy a new one when i get money saved up i will use my lab top thank you for all the help
alibrezzy154
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:15 AM
Quoting crissy1200:

Okay well im gonna either take it to a computer shop to get fixed or buy a new one when i get money saved up i will use my lab top thank you for all the help

Ok was just an offer. Good luck hun! And your welcome. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)