Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wii U

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:29 PM
  • 4 Replies

We currently own a Wii, but it is constantly coming up with errors and it is going to cost us too much to repair it.  So I am looking at possibly getting a Wii U, but know nothing about them.

There is a black on and a white one.  Can someone break down the difference and what they mean?  I know the white one have 8GB of memory and the black has 32 gb of memory.  Outside of that I don't know much.

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kquad
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:22 AM

The 32 GB comes with a game NintendoLand - all in all it's worth the value from what we've seen.  We bought one of each at Christmas (oldest is at college and really wanted one.)  When they came out we had a hard time getting two of the 32GB or we would have.  Anyway it is different, but the games for the old Wii all run. You do have to have Wii motes with the motion sensor built in.  - So some from the old work and some don't - the old numchuck though does work - so they all transfer.   We still have our old wii (second one, first died) so it's going upstairs to another tv.  Anything you bought that is on the drive of the old one - move to a SD card now.  It's almost impossible to get them off after.  And if you have the old one- first Wii it had the connections for the legacy controllers, you will lose that, but you also lose that if you upgrade to a new old wii version.  They eliminated those about half way through the old wiis life cycle.

bellawomen
by New Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I am not sure if we have an SD card in our Wii.  hmmm

If not, how do I go about transferring the info from the console to the SD card?

kquad
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I'd have to ask my boys.  They did it on ours.  There is a slot under the flap that folds up.

bellawomen
by New Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I know where the SD card goes, I just don't know what to press on the screen to get the info transferred.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)