Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tech Cafe Tech Cafe

Your Laptop's Battery Life?

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:58 PM
  • 20 Replies

How long does your laptop run on battery before shutting itself down?

YVONNE

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:01 PM

When I first got my laptop back when Vista was new (which is on it).. It had a battery life of 4 hours.

Now (besides all kinds of other acting up as well) the battery will only work for 2  hours when I'm lucky and sometimes only 1 hour ugh, and then it shuts off. I always had my laptop pretty much plugged in constantly all these years bc I only rarely have to take it out somewhere (which is when I use the battery) but just found out THIS year (little late now lol well until I get new laptop anyway) from my kids that leaving it plugged in all the time kills the battery life over time and that is healthier for it for me to unplug it and use the actual battery at least daily even when I'm on the couch at home... oopsy daisy lol

YVONNE

smile357
by Linda on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I can say that I read in my manual to my new laptop that they prefer that you keep it pluged in all the time. My hubbys friend at work that a comp geek says it depends on which lap top you get. 

My laptop will actually last me for about 5-6 hours. I bring it to school all the time and it perfect for it.

alibrezzy154
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I need to get a new one for mine it only lasts about an hour at most.

AlannaMaria
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:34 AM
I'm not sure =\ it last a long time
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Quoting smile357:

I can say that I read in my manual to my new laptop that they prefer that you keep it pluged in all the time. My hubbys friend at work that a comp geek says it depends on which lap top you get. 

My laptop will actually last me for about 5-6 hours. I bring it to school all the time and it perfect for it.

Oh wow, good to know! I will make 100% sure to read whatever manual comes with my new laptop (probably an ultrabook) when I finally break down and buy one (probably will be forced too before too too much longer)

YVONNE

Tatiana7
by New Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I think mine lasts just over 4 hours.  I have windows 8 on it.

earthangel1967
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Quoting Tatiana7:

I think mine lasts just over 4 hours.  I have windows 8 on it.

How long did it  take you to understand how to use Windows 8? Was it hard to learn? I'm currently still on vista but will have to get new computer soon and am slow learner on tech stuff so am worried about it.

YVONNE

Tatiana7
by New Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaated it.  It's much better than Vista, though.  I never used Vista but I have heard evil things....lol.  It will take getting used to.  And you will have a whole year to hate it, as Microsoft will no longer support Windows xp, all versions.  But it runs fast and smooth.  It's just the learning curve we alllllllllllllll hate.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I don't know, I have mine plugged in most of the time. I think 2-4 hours depending on what I'm doing.

earthangel1967
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Quoting Tatiana7:

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaated it.  It's much better than Vista, though.  I never used Vista but I have heard evil things....lol.  It will take getting used to.  And you will have a whole year to hate it, as Microsoft will no longer support Windows xp, all versions.  But it runs fast and smooth.  It's just the learning curve we alllllllllllllll hate.

I had heard only bad about vista too even back when it was new and on all the new computers when I bought mine. I remember being upset bc I didnt want vista on there if everyone was saying it was bad but that is all there was in the store. Turns out I have never had one issue with it and find it to be easy and now Iam soooo worried about giving it up. I am online all the time and I seriously dont have TIME for a learning curve.

I am extra upset to hear that the windows 8 doesnt comewith a video tutorial which I think is stupid and should be automatic. How the hell am I going to learn it without one.... hell I'm slow about that type of stuff even with a video. My poor laptop is on death's doorstop for awhile now and I should have already gotten a new one but I am waiting until it's literally dead even though it acts up in many ways constantly JUST BECAUSE I am so afraid of howfar behind in everythingI am going to get when  am forced to switch to windows 8 : ( I feel trapped

YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)