Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tech Cafe Tech Cafe

3D TV

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:45 PM
  • 7 Replies

Who has one? We were thinking on it??

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
luvlazydaze
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Interested in this topic.  We do not and are in the market for a new TV but not sure we want 3d.  Not too much out there yet and thinking by the time there is a lot of content be a good excuse to upgrade

storkradio193
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:27 PM

We don't and don't us buying one any time soon.  But, seems cool.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

crissy1200
throw your hands up in the air and wave them just like you don't care
Yesterday at 11:04 AM
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:04 AM
We have one it's nice to have we need a few more glasse. Though its a 67 inch mitchbeishe but sony,Panasonic makes them as well I got mine at arrons rent to own or I would have gotten sony
AMBG825
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I have one. Honestly, we rarely use the 3D capability. The glasses are expensive and there aren't a lot of movies to watch yet. Our cable provider does have 2 3D channels but they never play anything worth watching. (Unless you want to watch Barbara Streisand in concert in 3D then you're good)

In order to watch blu-rays in 3D you have to have a 3D blu ray player as well. So if you want to buy your own 3D movies you have to not only invest in the t.v. but the blu-ray player as well. Then you're still limited in what movies you can watch because they don't always release movies in 3D.

In my opinion, you're probably better off waiting until the 3D market takes off a little more and the price starts to come down.

deadlights86
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I can't stand 3d it makes my head hurt. Dh has a 3d moniter that he can plug a computer or game systems to and its really annoying when the 3d is turned on.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I'm happy with 2D tv :)

ny_momof3
by New Member on May. 7, 2013 at 9:10 AM
We had 52" Vizio 3D w PS3 as 3D BlueRay player. It was ok. My friend has a Sony 3D and hers is much more impressive. But it's a 32". Don't know if that matters. Glasses cost $50 for two pair of RealD glasses. DH cracked it and we didn't bother replacing the 3D. Wish there were more and cheaper titles. Kids lost interest quickly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)