Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Again.

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:41 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 448 Total Views

Denied AGAIN. God this isn't helping things.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
paolap
by Member on Jul. 17, 2011 at 7:00 PM

For disability?

AmberDR
by Member on Jul. 18, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Yes, sorry I guess I should have clarified. DH received his second denial letter for disability.

sue118
by Group Owner on Jul. 19, 2011 at 7:08 PM

I know that it is hard when money is tight, but have you spoken to an attorney (usually consults are free)? Also, talk with his doctor, is his doctor understanding and helpful? My dh is on fmla and his employer is not accomodating his restrictions, but his doctor has already stated to us that anything that we need to just let her know and she will write it up for us. It really helps when the doctor is on your side. And I know that it may cost you some money but alot of people end up having to get attorneys but it may save you a lot of time and frustration and in the end you will end up with the disability. Good luck.

paolap
by Member on Jul. 24, 2011 at 10:08 PM
We ended up having to get an attorney for dh when he was applying for disability. She did not charge us anything, her fee came out of his first payment. Her fee wasn't unreasonable and she got the job done quickly.
AmberDR
by Member on Aug. 14, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Yes. After the first denial, we hired an attorney. We don't pay her until he is approved.

sue118
by Group Owner on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Well, I hope that she will get things settled soon for you. I think getting an attorney is probably your best chance of getting the disability. It is a shame that you have to go through this though! 

I know it is hard but stay positive. We are all here for you to vent when needed. good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)