Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Jackie Warner's Top 10 Fitness Tips

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2010 at 11:39 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 305 Total Views

I LOVE Jackie and I found a great article from Shape sharing her top 10 tips:

Jackie Warner Training Tip #1: Learn the best abs exercises
You won't get killer abs like Jackie Warner doing crunches. The celebrity trainer and star of Bravo's Thintervention says her 6-pack is a result of doing exercises like pull-ups, pushups and squats. These moves are a fantastic abs workout because they really engage your core and build the muscles that burn fat around your belly, Warner says.

Jackie Warner Training Tip #2: Turn up the intensity
Long, boring workouts aren't the best way to lose weight. "How long you work out isn't as important as how strong you work out," Warner says. You can get great results from a short (10- to 20-minute) high-intensity workout, making it easy to fit exercise into your busy schedule.

Jackie Warner Diet Tip #3: Avoid fat-free food
Don't let food labels fool you. Many fat-free foods are actually loaded with sugar.  And too much sugar is often the real reason people gain weight, Warner says. More importantly, your brain doesn't work as well when you eat a lot of sugar. Candy, cookies and soda aren't the only problem. Sugar is in virtually every food you eat. "Breads, crackers, pretzels, chips—that's sugar."

Jackie Warner Training Tip #4: Don't be afraid to lift weights
A lot of women don't want to start a weight-training program because they're afraid to bulk up. But you can't get a toned and tight body without lifting weights, Warner says. Resistance training adds much needed muscle to speed up your metabolism. For the best results, focus on working the biggest muscle groups—chest, back, butt and legs.
Jackie Warner Diet Tip #5: Eat the good, the bad, then the ugly.
Classify the food you eat as good (veggies, fruit,lean meats), bad (starches, bread), and ugly (dessert, alcohol). Fill up on the good first and then move on to the other foods. "Last night, I ordered a salad, a hamburger and truffle fries. I ate the salad first, and then about three bites of the burger and four truffle fries. I usually just want the taste of that rich, decadent food."

Jackie Warner Training Tip #6: Chase the burn
Burning muscles mean you're working and you're going to have more tone, Warner says. If you're concerned about bulking up, go with lighter weights and higher repetitions, but make sure your muscles are on fire for the last five to 10 reps. If you're new to weight training

Jackie Warner Training Tip #7: Change up your workout playlist
Changing your workout music is just one of many simple ways to stay motivated, Warner says. Plus, studies show that listening to music during your workout can help you work harder and fight fatigue.

Jackie Warner Training Tip #8: Get fit for free
You don't need to hire a personal trainer to get in great shape. There's a ton of free and affordable training online, Warner says. Or just go outside! "When I'm at home for the holidays, I run outside for 20 or 30 minutes. And that takes no money at all!"

Jackie Warner Training Tip #9: Set specific fitness goals
Don't make weight loss your only goal. "My most successful clients are the ones that set specific fitness goals," Warner says. Find a race that you want to run, work toward doing 5 consecutive pushups, or simply increase your speed on the treadmill by a certain amount each week.

Jackie Warner Training Tip #10: Keep a training log
Jackie Warner writes her workouts in a training log every morning. "If I feel sore after a training session, I put a smiley next to it," she says. "That way, I remember exercises that were challenging."

"Transform Yourself Inside & Out For a Happier YOU"

Christina Dennis
Will YOU take the 90 Day Challenge to a Healthier You??
CLICK HERE TO VIEW CHALLENGE
Facebook
& Twitter

by on Nov. 17, 2010 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)