Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Importance of Goals Big and Small

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2010 at 10:10 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 135 Total Views

The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don’t define them, or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do along the way, and who will be sharing the adventure with them.
Denis Watley

It is so important to clearly define and set your goals. Think about it, if you don't have something that you are aiming for or a destination then you will just wander around aimlessly and probably never get anywhere or accomplish anything. You need to write down your larger long term goals and then set shorter smaller goals along the way to keep you motivated and on track.

I personally set yearly, monthly and daily goals. This keeps me feeling accomplished as I hit each goal. You also have to be flexible and realize that you are NOT always going to hit your goals. If you do not hit your goal it's ok, look back and see what you DID accomplish and what you can do differently to still hit that goal :)

The first of the month is always time for new monthly goals and to reevaluate my previous month. New goals are super important but even more is to reflect on what you just accomplished the month before!! It's also important to look at your yearly goals and make sure that those monthly ones are bringing you towards your yearly mark :)

Sunday nights are my weekly goal setting time. I sit down and look at what I need to accomplish for the week towards my monthly goals and make a list. I love all the apps you can get on your phone but myself personally, I like to be able to cross off things on my lists :)

My daily goals are in the form of To-Do lists. I start every morning with my coffee and To-Do list. My To-Do list always has my bigger tasks first so I can get them out of the way while I'm still fresh and full of energy. These tasks also are taking me towards accomplishing my weekly goals.

Another great note:
You need to realize that as you grow your goals are likely to change and that is OK and completely natural. That is why our smaller goals are great to keep us on track and help us mold new goals and adjust current ones.

I hope this was helpful for everyone. And if you are not a goal setter then it is TIME TO START. It truly will make a huge difference in every aspect of your life from personal, business, health and everything in between.

IDEA:
A vison board is a great tool for your long term goals. We are VERY visual creatures so it is very encouraging for us to SEE our goals, dreams and whys. Stay tune for a later post on Vision boards and their importance :)

"Transform Yourself Inside & Out For a Happier YOU"

Christina Dennis
Will YOU take the 90 Day Challenge to a Healthier You??
CLICK HERE TO VIEW CHALLENGE
Facebook
& Twitter

by on Nov. 19, 2010 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)