Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

What is your child's diagnosis? When was he or she diagnosed?

by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 4:53 PM
Replies (21-30):
southernlamom
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 9:53 AM

We need to talk!!! I suspect my oldest has Aspergers, he's now 5...but I dont want to "push" the label on him in case he isnt you know..>I dont wnat to look for things that aren't there? But so much IS there! And my youngest has high functioning autism..it is INDEED interesting!

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

I have 2 children on the spectrum.

My 6(in 9 days) yr old daughter has Aspergers and was diagnosed at age 4.

My 4 yr old son has Autism. 

It is very interesting to have two children on opposite ends of the spectrum, to say the least:)  I have one all day sensory seeking child and one sensory avoider.  It makes for some fun times in our house.

2gud2btrue
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 11:03 AM

My son (13) was diagnosed with moderate to severe classic autism, along with an anxiety disorder, sensory processing disorder and ADHD.  He was 5 when he was diagnosed.  He was 18 months when I started talking to the doctor about his issues, but at that time most doctors we encountered thought "labling was a bad thing," so it was a real fight to get him diagnosed.

I also  have a "typical" 3 year old daughter.

ShadowRaven
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 12:20 PM

My 2.5 year old son was dx'd with Autism and SPD a week before he turned 2. We're pretty sure he has global apraxia, but that's undiagnosed.

briansmom123
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 12:47 PM

My son is 14 will be 15 next month. He is severe ADHD, bipolar and autism with severe anxiety.  He also has PTSD.  He is very smart and sweet but really struggles with his mood and aprroiate communication, often yelling or angry, then feels bad about his behavior.  He also has many senory issues.   I had the feeling at 2 that somethng was  not right but his doctor would not listen.  Struggled throught preschool years and he was diagnosed with ADHD at age five when he started school.   He continued having unuasal mood issues and raging temper tanturms, and strange socail interactions,  Then got bipolor dx and hoped we had figured things out,  continued having issues, strugged in school and could not make friends,  seemed distant .   I finally had a therapist say he may be have autism,   Saw depevolemental ped, and what do you know.  Autism dx.   He has been through soo much. 

MamaRita
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 3:41 PM

His diagnosis is Autism, but his DR diagnosed him with Mercury Poisoning from too many too soon vaccines, he had a toxic overload causing his body to stop excreting mercury & toxins normally. With extensive testing we were able to see his blood on a big screen, it was full of yeast, the color was more white than red, his white blood cells were all in a big clump & his red blood cells were floating in large clumps. Dr Cave explained that yeast & mercury mixed together created a natural morphine, causing him to be an addict, which is what explained his grazing outside like an animal. She also explained that mercury didn't stay in the blood & his brian was covered with a metal blanket. Why isn't there boxes to check for our children's true diagnosis, they just label them all with Autism. The Spectrum is huge & I have been around a lot with the diagnosis. Each & every one of them are different.

Mom2jngnc
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 5:58 PM

John now almost 16. Dx-ed June 2007 Autism Spectrum Disorder features associate with Aspergers and a non-verbal learning disability......
that's the offical Dr. DX so he could get services at school with an IEP. He has Aspergers and a NVLD.

heathers5500
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2011 at 12:10 AM

My DS will be 3 on Valentine's day and he was officially diagnosed at about 20 months.  He get's speach and OT and goes to an early intervention school 3 x per week for 3 hrs per day and is doing great!

MrsAJLaw
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 12:27 PM

My daughter is 23 and she has Autism, Rhett's Syndrome and a seizure disorder.  She is non-verbal and not toliet trained.  She is a mild mannered young lady, with almost no behavioral issues.

FoxyRoxy027
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 5:02 PM

Josh is 11 yrs old and was dx in 2004 with adhd, pdd-nos, mild mr, and odd. We have started seeing a new doctor and he thinks Josh might have aspergers instead of pdd-nos but he is going to do some testing to find out exactly which one he has.

saltycoqui
by on Jan. 24, 2011 at 3:09 PM

My kids are both high functioing autistic.
They have been in special schools since preschool days. Back then they were just labeled as PDD NOS. With more and more information coming out doctors and schools are able to place the kids where they need to be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN