Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

On the Spectrum: Unwanted advice is frequently off-base

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:26 AM
  • 3 Replies

http://www.record-bee.com/ci_17329497

i tried to copy and paste the article and it just was not going to work so it would be readable. 

i think this is relavant to any parenting challenges and written very well. 

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
thatgirl70
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Very good article. I've been fortunate that no one has ever come up to me and said that about my son (not that he has store meltdowns often), but if they did I'd tell them to mind their own business. I look at things differently now when I hear a child crying or throwing a fit in the store. I won't say it doesn't get on my nerves, cause it does (it does when my son does it), but now i look at it this way, are they doing it because they're throwing a tantrum or because they are having a meltdown? It really does make you think.

mallowcup17
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:38 AM

before i had kids i was the worst about this stuff. i was the one saying that the kid needs to get over it or whatvever but that all has changed since becoming a parent. i've learned that kids don't have mute buttons and are a lot more complicated then they appear from the outside too. 

brknangel
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:32 PM

great article - thanks for sharing. I've gotten too many comments in regards to my 3 yr old daughters meltdowns...mostly when we are in the grocery store. I've heard everything from spoiled brat to she needs a good a** whoppin'. I've also gotten comments that my daughter is too old to be still wearing diapers with a couple looks of disgust. For the most part I'm level headed with my responses and I try and educate someone real quick but there have been those times when I just don't have the patience to deal with ignorance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)