Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:41 AM
  • 2 Replies

My son is 3 almost 4 in June. He was diagnose with PDD-NOS last year. He is pretty good at repeating words after me. Anywho, we are wanting to start pottying training him soon. My question is what might be the best way to show him how. He goes to the bathroom and know there is a toliet and we use it to go potty. I can tell when he pees and poops, so i know he is somewhat ready. So my question to you ladies what are some ways to help him. Since he doesn't talk regulary.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
marisab
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:53 AM

My son is just turned 4 and i am at approx same stage

brknangel
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:53 PM

My daughter is 3 1/2 and has some words (but they are used to label not to communicate). I did a lot of prep and waiting and finally she's ready. I created visual schedule/steps for her outlining every step for her. I have to be real literal with her and tried endless things and just started telling her "push it out". Finally something clicked with her. So I just put her in big girl undies and she's done really well with both of those things. I know it's different for every child but this is what worked for us. I'm sure others will have more ideas :) Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)