Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son, Dean, broke my heart this morning....

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:03 AM
  • 3 Replies

We missed Dean's bus, so I had to take him to school and while we waited for the doors to be unlocked (we got there 5 min. before the school opened) we were sitting on the bench and snuggling in the chilly morning and laughing.  Well, they opened the doors and we walked in, and I didn't check myself in so I could only take him to the beginning of the hallway that leads to the cafeteria.  Now, normally he just gives hugs and kisses and goes on his way to get his food (it's so cute, he's like a little man to me when he does this), well this morning he would only walk a few feet and then come back for more kisses and hugs, finally I told him "ok, Dean it's time for you to go and get your food baby.  Go get your chocolate pop tart and have a really good day at school, I'll see you this afternoon when you get off the bus ok?"  I have him another hug and kiss and nudged him toward the hallway.  He didn't want to, by then one of the helpers came by and two students (they all know Dean) and tried to get him to go with them, while I backed up and try to sneak out of the school.  He saw this and proceeded to FREAK OUT!  He dropped his body weight and SCREAMED!!  I knew it wasn't going to get any better if I came back over there and they all know Dean so they know that he does have meltdowns and I knew that they would be able to handle it, so I backed out the front door and watch through the door.  The helper (grown woman, not student) was blocking my vision but I did see that she was bent over trying to calm him and trying to pick him up at the same time,  His arms were straight up while she hooked her arms under his while the two students were trying to talk to him to have him go with them.  They finally made it down the hallway and I'm sure Dean focused on eating right after that but the whole scene just about BROKE MY HEART!  I cried when I came home and told hubby I can not take him to school anymore.  I had to get back home and I KNEW he would be fine once he got into the cafeteria.......*sigh*......  it was just really hard to watch and to leave him to come back home to deal with my other two sons.  I know he's fine by now, I'm the one that's traumatized by it still...lol   My poor little guy.  I can't until he gets home this afternoon and I can give him a HUGH hug and tons of kisses.  

Thanks for reading my post ladies, just had to let that out.

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
housfullofkidds
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:16 AM

It breaks my heart when my 3 1/2 yr old, Xavior (who has PDD-NOS and other disabilities) has a fit. i cant walk him to the bus  steps anymore becaus he just screams for me. so the helper walks across the street and i say bye at the driveway. Its really hard to see them go threw that, even though i know Xavior is perfectly fine once he gets into his seat, it still breaks my heart.

thatgirl70
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:26 AM

I'm sorry hon. I know how you feel, it breaks my heart too when I drop my son off at school and he gets upset. Fortunately it doesn't happen often though. It's still my job to do it though (and DH picks him up). I bet by the time he gets home, he'll have forgotten all about it and he'll be a happy little guy.

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:32 AM

I'm sure he's already fine by now but I know what you mean! Yesterday I went to school with my son and left for a parent meeting and he was upset then got over it, but I felt so bad too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)