Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FEELING GUILTY....sort of vent..

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:05 AM
  • 1 Replies

my ds Gabe is 7 with ASD.. classic autism around middle functioning..... and i also have a dd and she's 8. and ugh i feel like i can't do anything right. Gabe takes a lot of work and attention. mostly from me.. he's getting better about letting DH do things. BUT most of the time if mom doesn't do it, its not right. even if someone else does it the same way. i try so hard to make sure dd is getting the attention she needs. and also stuff that is just for her. she is such a sweet sister. and always tries to make sure her bro is ok. but she still is only 8. but i feel guilty because i miss a lot of her stuff.  she's in karate and i do go to the major stuff like demonstrations they put on, and their tournaments. but i don't get to go to her class every often. i missed the first time she broke a board. i've seen her do it since BUT the first time i wasn't there. DH and my in-laws where. i am trying so hard to get Gabe ok with others doing his stuff with him, to free up some time. and i don't want her feeling like i love her brother more then her. ok im done...

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:12 AM

maybe you could do a few small things with her to have special times with her

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)