Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hitting and - Sleep what is that?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:50 PM
  • 1 Replies

My son has been having trouble sleeping at night like forever LOL but more so recently because he falls asleep on the bus after school and takes a nap and it's screwing with his sleep at night. Last night he woke up at 5AM which wasn't too early as other nights, but he woke up kicking and hitting us, he head butted my back, which still hurts by the way. this was when he woke up he crawled into our bed and beat us up..... How do you ignore him/ your child beating you up, when it really hurts??? I had to get him up and put on the TV because I couldn't just get hit..... I feel like I'm rewarding him WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? Suggestions?

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
tommysmommy2
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 9:16 AM

My son also has major sleep issues. Most nights he would finally fall asleep around midnight or later, he seemed to go to bed angry and wake up angry. Recently his regular ped. prescribed melatonin for him. He has been taking it for just over a week now and i have seen some improvement in his behavior. Just like with anyone if you are getting a good nights rest your overall mood is better. I have also read about people using weighted blankets. My son has an extremely long bus ride to and from school each day so i have asked his aide on the bus to try and keep him awake. I got a bag and filled it with toys just strictly for the bus ride. I plan on switching out the toys soon just to keep him interested with things. Best of luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)