• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the Group

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:17 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hello Ladies, I'm just coming back to Cafemom after several months and would like to meet some like-minded moms to chat with. I have two children; my daughter Juliana is 9 years old and just absolutely amazing. She's smart, funny, caring and my pride and joy. My son Tim is 12 years old and my Aspie. He was diagnosed at 7 years old with Asperger Syndrome which came as a relief after searching for answers for so long. He's my inspiration. He's funny and gentle, caring, smart, quirky and an absolute joy! Myself, I'm a twice divorced mom of two looking for other moms to talk with and perhaps learn from. It will be nice chatting with grown ups again!   coffee

by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
PinkCrystal72
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:06 AM

Hi- nice to meet you. I have two children, too. My daughter is almost 21 and was diagnosed when she was 12 with adolescent onset bipolar disorder. She also has a seizure disorder. She is doing well with taking Topomax which helps with both bipolar symptoms & seizures. My son is 6 years old and high functioning autism. My children are my pride and joy and my greatest accomplishment. My daughter is my best friend and my son is a sweet boy with a big heart. My son inspired me to start a support group for families of autism. Both my children have changed my life. I could say that I have been divorced twice as well... once, officially and the other was a life altering break-up. My daughter's father was my high school sweetheart- he left me after I got pregnant. I don't know if a person every truly recovers from something like that! My son's father and I divorced in 2006. We realized we were not in love anymore and didn't want to put our son through years of obvious turmoil. Other than that, it has been an interesting journey! Looking forward to talking to you more in the group! :)

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on May. 21, 2011 at 7:41 AM

Welcome to the group! Glad you found cafemom again and this group.

welcome

shell3m
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:45 AM

Welcome!  :)  Your children sounds delightful! Welcome to our family in this group, if you need anything just let me know.  :)  My name is Michelle and I have 3 boys, Dean is 6 and Autistic, Garrett is 5 and Jackson is 1. :)

wave           welcome

jadeskye
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:58 PM

PinkCrystal,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I was diagnosed almost a year ago with Bipolar 1. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't hell, but I'm learning a lot about both Bipolar and myself. Lots to the story, but you get the gist. :) It is nice to meet you as well and I too look forward to chatting. Goodnight!

jadeskye
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:28 PM

Thank you all for such a warm welcome. It's nice you meet you and I look forward to chatting with you in the near future. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)