Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

What is Just Us Girls?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2011 at 2:20 PM
  • 37 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi moms!

Just Us Girls is the place where you can take care of YOU!

When your child is on the spectrum, your needs often take a backseat.

Here, you can vent frustrations, share resources, and find expert advice on caring for the caregiver - YOU!

So grab a beverage, pull up a chair and let your fellow moms know how they can help!

by on Jun. 3, 2011 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Jul. 6, 2011 at 12:10 PM

I'm here and ready to help and get help! :)

touchingstars
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 12:12 PM
Way to go aidenmomma always one of the first!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
navyjen
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2011 at 12:49 PM

I am here too.  

RockinMama0608
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 6:35 PM

I am here if anyone needs support, help, or just someone to talk too  :) 

ROGUEM
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 7:34 PM

I think this is a great idea. I am here too!

angduse1
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 8:16 PM

COOL Idea.. I am here too.. Thanks.

thatgirl70
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:13 PM

I'm here and I need a beverage! :)

jennyMOMof3
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I not only have a child on the spectrum (3 year old son with Autism), but am married to one (husband has Aspergers)...this has been more bearable while my two teenage daughters were home, but they've been gone to camp all summer (both on staff) and my oldest is starting college in the Fall and I've found myself feeling incredibly lonely, depressed and overwhelmed without them here. My husband has always been obsessed with his hobby and never connected to me emotionally, but I had my children to turn to to get me though...my son is not able to communicate with me like my daughter can and I find myself going for days without any conversation and feel as though I am wilting and hurt. I read a book called, "Alone...together" about being married to someone with Aspergers and found it helpful, but I still have to live with these conditions daily and it's draining me. She shared a poem in the beginning of the book about how she felt like a rose and her husband was a cactus and over the years she left her garden of friends and nourishment to be with him and lost her pedals and leaves...he could live in the desert without water, but she can't....that is how I feel, I've wilted and am dying of thirst. I have lost many friends ove r the years due to frequent moves (job losses from my husband) and the fact that he won't socialize with anyone and never wants company. Having a 3 year old at my age is hard too (physically) and I am not fitting well into any groups, all the Moms of younger children are old enough to be my daughters and the Moms my age are empty nesters who enjoy life with their husbands or they work full time. I work from home (home based business, selling nutritional supplements and non-toxic cleaning products...which has been GREAT for my Autistic son, the products have really made a difference in him)...so I don't have as many social opportunities. I don't want the internet to be my "friend" but do find myself going to facebook or this site often to "chat". I would like to know if there are any other Moms out there who have a husband on the Spectrum and can relate to how I feel (he can be extremely self centered and oblivious to my feelings or anyone else). Sorry for the long e-mail...but we had permission to vent and I needed it...thanks for the "therapy". Blessings...Jen

Autiziumom
by Ana on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:30 PM
Wow I am amazed at how strong of a women u r. Ur husband n son. Ur love must run even deepet rhen any of our ever will. Im so here!!!!!!!!! Count me in in anything that will help.
Autiziumom
by Ana on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:31 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN