Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Hi moms!

Just Us Girls is the place where you can take care of YOU!

When your child is on the spectrum, your needs often take a backseat.

Here, you can vent frustrations, share resources, and find expert advice on caring for the caregiver - YOU!

So grab a beverage, pull up a chair and let your fellow moms know how they can help!

by on Jun. 3, 2011 at 2:20 PM
Replies (31-37):
layden1
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 4:45 PM

ok.....i 'm new at this. i just found out today, that my son has autism. At first, i was relieved ,but then i wanted to cry. i think me crying about it was feeling bad for not truly understand why he did what he did and just get upset over it. but now i know what i'm up against. but i still having a hard time , trying to find a why to discipline him when he is through toyings, have his out burst(kicking , hitting, spitting). WHAT SHOULD I DO .

wildrose39
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Hi i am a mom of a 7yr boy with autism and who is speech delayed and non verbal and i m trying to get him potty trained and i am getting no where and the meltdowns  omg as he ages it seems to be worse and last longer. What do i do iam trying but lord sometimes i just want to cry and and hide and i know i cant but thats just how i feel somedays not all the time  there are days he makes me smile and laugh and i relize it will work out.

Angel1299
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Hello everyone,

I am in need of finding some kind of help for my 13year old son who was diagnosed with Aspergers about 3years ago (give or take). He was always diagnosed with ADHD or ADD etc. He has been a guanine pig since he was four with ALL different kinds of medicine. So about 3 years ago I was told what was his true diagnosis was. But I wasn't given any resources to help understand his needs. I was only given medicine for him to try instead of therapy or whatever he needed. Also I have been fighting with schools to at least challenge him on his work. Unfortunately that went no where except for staying in a small class for the whole day. He starting to hate school and i want to stop that before it gets any worst or its to late. He currently is not on any medicine and is functioning fine. His attention is not completely there but he tries very hard to focus on school work, chores etc. I'm writing here to find any parents advise what can I do to help my and child and myself to understand his needs.

marisab
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 6:09 PM

oh my i dforget myself to stop in here lol

Blue231
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Sounds like a great idea to be here. Count me in please. Thanks. Hugs to all of you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:51 AM

It's wonderful that you are there for your grandsons.

TJmom221
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I love this idea.  I'm on board.. If I can help in anyway just let me know

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN