• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ugggggg trying to find a sewing machine!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:19 PM
  • 4 Replies

I'm trying to find a good sewing machine but I'm very broke right now, so I looked on craigslist, where people around you are selling things, and it used to be full of good deals but holy mother of goodness!!  the prices are super crazy!  Hubby is out of town so I can drive around to 2nd hand shops and get one today either.  It really sucks because I have a great idea for something but I need to start sewing the prototypes and can't because I can't get my hand on a freakin' sewing machine!  I guess I'll have to wait until Mon. to drive around and see what is out there but I want to start sewing today!!  I actually wanted to start about 2 days ago!  yes, I know I'm throwing a temper tantrum....LOL, but I hate waiting when I'm all geared up to do something you know?  Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.  :)

banging head into wall

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mallowcup17
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:10 PM

i would email or call any you may be interested in and just see if you can negotiate the price. i have had the best of luck doing negoitions on CL. also have you checked freecycle?

shell3m
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Quoting mallowcup17:

i would email or call any you may be interested in and just see if you can negotiate the price. i have had the best of luck doing negoitions on CL. also have you checked freecycle?

no I have not, what's freecycle?  is it like craigslist?

mallowcup17
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:51 PM

http://www.freecycle.org/

Quoting shell3m:

Quoting mallowcup17:

shell3m
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:59 PM

thank you!  :)  I'm going to check it out!  cross your fingers for me.  :)

Quoting mallowcup17:

http://www.freecycle.org/

Quoting shell3m:

Quoting mallowcup17:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)