Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you feel like your child actually moved forward this school year?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:31 PM
  • 8 Replies

I believe Dean did.  Some things moved forward by leaps and bounds, while other things barely moved forward at all.  School work and standing in line did great.  Talking, and not making sounds in class didn't go as well; but it did a smidgen better and we'll be working on this next year too, so I truly believe it will get better and better.  What about you ladies?  Do you feel they made progress this past school year?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mallowcup17
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:38 PM

yes, academically. her reading is amazing and last year was next to nil so that's exciting but there are still somethings that we are afraid may hurt her in the future but most of that is bahavioral and environmental. we are very happy about her math progress too :)

quietsmilie
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:34 PM

Lots of progress on academic skills and working in a group - less on paying attention and personal space.  Looking forward to more progress next year.

trippyhippy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:29 PM

In the past year Lucky went from non verbal to never shutting up, he can count to 120 (verbally as well!) and is starting to read pretty well.  His at home therapist told us he has made more progress in the past year then some kids make in a decade.

ColleenMarie81
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:35 PM

oh ya we made tons of progress kinda surprised he is learning to read so fast

shell3m
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:44 PM

Quoting ColleenMarie81:

oh ya we made tons of progress kinda surprised he is learning to read so fast

Dean too!  :)

lovebeingmrs
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Andrew has made great strides this year. He now can write his name, count to 20, and now knows his shapes. He now talks to other kids and plays with other children outside of his sister.  He also knows how to ride his bike. We took the training wheels off and three days later he was riding with no problem. His PT coach is very pleased with him since this was one of his gaals for the year. so yes he has come a long way.

jigsaw ribbon

shell3m
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Great stories ladies!!!  It does my heart good to see such improvements in our children.  I'm so proud of all our kids!!! 

Melisa97
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:56 PM

I think Nathaniel did pretty good.  This was a pretty tame year compared to the past.  He has kept his grades up without much help from us.  He was in a regular English, Math, and Science class, with an aide.  There were some conflicts but nothing I would call major.  I think this was the first year in the last 2 or 3 that he didn't get suspended for something. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)