• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kung Fu Panda 2 Our Sensory Friendly movie experience

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:32 PM
  • 14 Replies

After Shell's suggestion of the sensory friendly movie event today we went to see Kung Fu Panda 2 Sensory Friendly Movie.  It was really awesome and Aiden did a good job. We stayed through the entire movie, and I didn't have to worry about him saying AAH AAHH AHH and just being a little rowdy. I love that the "Silence is Golden " policy is not in effect those days :) Most of the children there seemed to have a good time. One child kinda walked around but he was quiet and it was just good to be in a worry free environment!!! Also I just loved the movie it was really cute! :)

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mallowcup17
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:37 PM

thats awesome!

the_littles2007
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Congrats for a fun day at the movies!!! I haven't tried to take my DS (5 possibly austic) to the movies. We live in a VERY small town and they don't do that kind of thing. At home it's 5 million and 1 questions during the whole movie. Very frustrating if we haven't seen the movie yet. But we deal w/ it as there is nothing we can do about it.

sakeenah35
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Its good you had a good time...my little one and i are going to a sensory friendly movie outing to see his favorite movie Cars2...he justs loves it! Its also on his birthday June 11th...my gift to him!

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:52 PM

Thanks!

shell3m
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:55 PM

you are so welcome!  I love that they do this now, it really is an amazing fun time.  You can relax as a parent and actually enjoy the movie WITH your child instead of being on edge wondering what's going to happen.  I also loved the movie...lol  :)  It was pretty good. :)  We are thinking about doing Cars 2 in a sensory friendly environment.  I don't know if it will capture Dean's attention like Kung Fu Panda so I want to make sure he can get up and walk around or grunt if he wants.  :)  oh and also the parents around you are also more relaxed, which makes it fun also.  After being so tense everyday, everywhere you go it's so nice to just let go and let them be themselves.  :)

shell3m
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:56 PM

We don't have it in our town either, so I feel ya.  We drive 45 min. to another town.  :)  Do they have this in another town around you??

Quoting the_littles2007:

Congrats for a fun day at the movies!!! I haven't tried to take my DS (5 possibly austic) to the movies. We live in a VERY small town and they don't do that kind of thing. At home it's 5 million and 1 questions during the whole movie. Very frustrating if we haven't seen the movie yet. But we deal w/ it as there is nothing we can do about it.

the_littles2007
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Honestly I don't have a clue. How do I check? Can I just call and ask them or is there a website somewhere that lists sensory friendly movie theaters?

We don't have it in our town either, so I feel ya.  We drive 45 min. to another town.  :)  Do they have this in another town around you??

Quoting the_littles2007:

I am a quick food feeding, vaccinating, public school sending, overweight but non dieting, smoking, christian but non church going, mother of 2, step mom to 4, Obama voting, cafemom loving, french fry eating mom, who loves NO ONE! Have a great day!

quietsmilie
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Wonderful.  I love sensory friendly films!

shell3m
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:19 PM

hold on I'll be right back.  :)  I'll go back to find my link, give me just a second.  :)

Quoting the_littles2007:

Honestly I don't have a clue. How do I check? Can I just call and ask them or is there a website somewhere that lists sensory friendly movie theaters?

Quoting the_littles2007:

shell3m
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:22 PM

ok, here a go.  :)

http://www.autism-society.org/get-involved/events/sensory-friendly-films/

Go to this link and it will show you if there is a place near you that will show movies in a Autistic friendly environment.  You can bring special foods if they need them, they can run up and down the isles, grunt and gabber. 

Quoting shell3m:

hold on I'll be right back.  :)  I'll go back to find my link, give me just a second.  :)

Quoting the_littles2007:

Quoting the_littles2007:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)