• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For my son....

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:04 PM
  • 4 Replies

Autistic children shouldn't be felt sorry for because they are Autistic, they should be honored because they survive and are brilliant in a world that doesn't like people who are different. They make a name for themselves no matter what, where as "normal" people can crumble under the strain of everyday life. I admire my oldest son for being different in this world and not caring. He is who he is and he loves himself and is happy. :) I love you Dean. ((hugs))

jigsaw ribbon

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Great post tohonor your son!   I am also so proud of my son, how much he learns and succeeds and meets goals taht seem so hard for him but he still does it!!!

shell3m
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Quoting aidensmomma508:

Great post tohonor your son!   I am also so proud of my son, how much he learns and succeeds and meets goals taht seem so hard for him but he still does it!!!

clapping

ROGUEM
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:44 PM

My son once asked me if I wished he was normal.  I almost cried that he thought that.  I told him that I thought he was normal for him, and who decided what is normal anyway.  I told him I love the Asperger's part because he can do so many things other people can't.  I love his sweet honest soul and how he knows things that others don't. How he sees the world in interesting ways that cause me to see it that way to. 

I honestly wouldn't change him at all.  WHAT I WOULD CHANGE IS THE WORLD'S ATTITUDE TOWARDS THOSE WHO ARE DIFFERENT!

PageKing
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Quoting ROGUEM:

My son once asked me if I wished he was normal.  I almost cried that he thought that.  I told him that I thought he was normal for him, and who decided what is normal anyway.  I told him I love the Asperger's part because he can do so many things other people can't.  I love his sweet honest soul and how he knows things that others don't. How he sees the world in interesting ways that cause me to see it that way to. 

I honestly wouldn't change him at all.  WHAT I WOULD CHANGE IS THE WORLD'S ATTITUDE TOWARDS THOSE WHO ARE DIFFERENT!

So agree with what is in red!!!!

[

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)