Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Field Trips

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:11 AM
  • 5 Replies

If your child or loved one is in school do you go along for field trips when possible?

Today I am going bowling with my sons class. Every Friday this summer they are doing a field trip.

school bus

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Gemini5
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:35 AM

I sure miss being able to go on the school field trips-loved going on them and it was cheaper going via school group trip,lol.. I used to be PTA mom at my oldest son's school and I loved being involved in the school community,helping Teach in jk/sk through to grade 2 as well as going on the field trips,attending school counsil meetings,baking for the bake sale's etc.. When I had my youngest I couldn't do all these things but I did stay up at the school and help teach the grade's 1 and 2's part time and got to go on 2 field trips with my youngest son's class but that was it. My son only attends school for up to 2 hours a day now since February 2011 and they don't go on any filed trips at all do to there high high aggression/sensory/supervision needs.He is in an Autism class called Structured Learning Class and there are no more than 6 children in this class ever.They are all boys ranging from grade's 3 to 6 but aren't neccesarily in those particular age appropriate grades.My son who's 8 soon to be nine is listed to go into gr 4 this coming September yet he is just starting to do grade's 1 and 2 work-huge huge accomplishment for him:) Anyways Hope you have a wonderful time! Have a great day!!!

momof3_dll
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:41 AM
I've gone on all of my kids' field trips. It's a lot of fun. The last one I went to was with my asd son to a farm. He loves animals so he had such a great time. Especially when he was able to touch or hold baby animals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mallowcup17
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:00 AM

i do not. but i think when both girls are in school i will

RockinMama0608
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:09 AM

Well, that is a little complicated... lol

I do go to all of Jake's field trips and I did for Will when he was going to school in the district.  Now, I am not able to go to Will's field trips because it is too far away.  He goes to the state deaf school and is a resident during the week.  I love going on field trips with my kid's classes  :) 

RockinMama0608
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:09 AM

Oh, and have fun!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)